Hello Everyone out there,

Running is one of my favorite hobbies out there. To start the day I run about three miles along the beach. It is a beautiful wake-up call. For some reason I just started developing a pain in my left heel. I called around and did some research on the web and couldn't find a cheap cure. So I contacted a doctor and he told me I had plantar fasciitis or heel spurs. I just wanted to know if anyone had advice or recommendations to help me cure this problem. I really appreciate it and I look forward to running ASAP.

First, heel spurs do not equate to plantar fasciitis as was once believed. Many people with heel spurs shown on medical images have no history of pain related to the heel spur. I've read that it's about half of those found with heel spurs that do experience pain, but it is not known how often the pain is directly related to the heel spur.

Plantar fasciitis or plantar fasciosis is another condition. The first, plantar fasciitis, refers to inflammation of the thick fascia and ligament on the bottom of the foot that acts as support for the bones of the fee and is the natural arch support.

Plantar fasciosis refers to any condition of the plantar fascia and the distinction is that there not need be inflammation present in plantar fasciosis.

Plantar fasciosis and plantar fasciitis usually responds to conservative self-treatment. The trick is finding the right protocol. 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use