Hey guys, I have recently been diagnosed with PoTS; after 4 years of arguing I might add! Anyway I have noticed that there is a very small amount of information on PoTS and even then its usually of poor quality and so thought it would be a good idea to get a thread going to help support eachother seeing as the medical profession seems to know less about it then we do and also had a couple of questions regard PoTS as well. Thank you. Ebzy

Dear ebzy,

Tell me your symptoms, please.

Yours,

Norsk10

Hi ebzy,

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

I was diagnosed with POTS almost two years ago, after many years of symptoms as well. I absolutely agree, it is frustrating how little information there is available about POTS!

Well when I go from sitting or lying down to standing I either collapse or get really bad dizziness loss of eyesight unable to process what's being said to me bad headaches pins and needles all over my body ( all at the same time) but the other day I gave myself carpet burn over my right eye by collapsing and apparently (according to parents) it was my head moving whilst it was no the floor not the impact that caused it but I was able to hear music even though none was playing

Man, you have it bad ebzy. It really sucks that you have to live with such symptoms. I've read that if you take your time standing up, it could help avoid collapsing and dizziness, so instead of just standing up, you could slowly move up from sitting to standing. Have you ever tried standing up slowly? If you stand up and don't collapse or feel dizzy, how do you do afterwards? Can you stand for long periods of time? Can you walk a good distance?

Bob, do you really think you can think of standing up slowly every time you stand up if your legs work properly?