Hi all:
I have been having skipped heartbeats or palpitations (actually it's an instance where I think the heart beats too fast, then nothing then thud). I used to get them occassionally if I had too much caffeine etc. but it was just at night when I was quiet and resting that I noticed and not very often.

Well, over the past month they have been a daily occurrence. I mean constantly. Even when I am busy I notice them now. Maybe I am hyper-aware now, who knows. But, in an average hour, I would say it happens at least 40-60 times. Usually it's a series of irregular beats for a couple of minutes, followed by normal, than does it again.
I am 41 and healthy, normal weight etc. No meds but I do drink Diet Coke. I have even cut down on that to just 2 per day (which is WAYYYYYYYYY lower than normal for me) with no change in the palpitations. This is driving me nuts. The only different thing for me is that I did have a hysterectomy at the end of November (kept one ovary). Haven't had other menopausal symptoms so think the ovary is working.

Thoughts anyone? I am just trying to ignore it but wonder if this might be something to get checked out.
Thanks.
Tricia

I've heard magnesium helps, so that's what I'm trying. I am having the same problem!!!!

Do you feel your heart beating faster more when you stand up, or sit down? There is a disease called POTS it's postural tachycardia you might want to look into it my boyfriend has irregular heart beats also and has been on a beta blocker for about 10years. His doctor says he has symptoms similar to pots, but pots is found in women mainly and can be genetic. Hope this helps.