My girlfriend and I had sex on the 15th and the next day she said she was her period. Today (the 31st) she tells me her home pregnancy kit showed positive. I want to know how if she is pregnant. It's important to note that she is also on a course of Diane 35 (a birth control pill) as she suffers from poly cystic ovaries, has low b.p. is underweight and is likely to be diabetic as well. She is 21 years old.

Hi Start,

Ok, a few things seem odd here.

Did she expect her period the day after you had sex on the 15th?  It is VERY unlikely that she would get pregnant that close to her period due date.  The egg is not viable.  More likely it was just bleeding from having sex.

If she did have her period on the 16th, she would likely be ovulating about now.  Now would be when she'd be conceiving.

It is early to test as well.  Normally you need to wait at least 2 weeks, preferably 3, after having sex.  You only had sex 15 days ago.  Saying that, false positives on home pregnancy tests are rare.  

PCOS can make it harder for her to conceive.  Diane 35 is a birth control pill also used to treat acne.

Have her repeat the pregnancy test.   

She had no clue as to when to expect her period because of her conditions. They have been quite erratic. She started bleeding the next day so I'm not too sure if it's sex related bleeding. She says it may have just been spotting.
Here Gynecologist put her on the course of Diane 35 and she definitely does not suffer from acne

"I want to know how if she is pregnant."

No birth control is 100% effective. Diane 35, as a birth control, is supposed to inhibit ovulation and also alter the mucous in the uterus/vagina so that pregnancy is unlikely.

If she didn't have her period on the 15th then we don't know where she was in her cycle.

Again, false positives are very rare. She may very well be pregnant.