Hi, okay so my husband and i had unprotected sex the 1st of april, my period ended the 29th of march. Then we had unrotected sex on the 17th again which is a wensday and started my period that monday but i was not suppose to start untill that next monday which would of been one week early on the 29th of april. I am almost done with this period but my body does not feel right. After me and my husband had sex on the 17th i had spotting which i never have inbetween periods, breast are getting bigger and sensitive. At first i just thought i was gaining weight becuase i had not been working out consistantly but since the 18th i have been working my butt off and my stomach has not gone down or got smaller, it seems to be getting bigger. I took about 3 pregnancy test in between the 1st and the 17th and they were all negative. my husband and i want to take another one but we need to know if it would be smart to take one now since im still on my period or if we should wait. It might be too much information but i have not been able to wear tampons this period because its very uncomfortabke up there and it has been so uncomfortable since i first started wearing them years ago.

Hi Guest,

I'm going to assume your March period STARTED around the 24th.  If so, you had sex on day 7 of your cycle (April 1) and then again on day 24 (April 17).  You say your period wasn't due until the 29th?  That would be about a 35 day cycle.  Usually it's closer to 28 days, so you would be due around the 22nd.

Normally you will ovulate between days 11 and 16 of your cycle.  The egg is only viable for about 48 hours after ovulation.  Sperm can remain alive for about 5 days.  If you were to get pregnant it would more likely have been from the April 1 sex.

Spotting, very light bleeding - no pad needed, would normally happen about a week before your period is due, so around the 15th, give or take a few days, you might notice it.

However, would you consider this period to be "normal" for you?  If so, it is unlikely you are pregnant.  You will NOT have a period if you are pregnant, you can't.  During your period the lining of the uterus is shed.  If you were pregnant you would no longer be.  There CAN be some bleeding however.

You can take a home test even if you are on your period.  You need to wait AT LEAST two weeks, preferably three, AFTER you had sex to test before it will become reliable.  Testing early, false negatives are VERY common.  False positives are VERY rare.

Good luck.

If you have a period your not pregnant but if your worried see the doctor there could be something else going on