I had my pervious period on 27th last month. My periods are usually far apart. I had unprotected sex on 27th this month. I took morning after pill after only 4 hours of intercourse. And on 30th I got my period. I am not sure if its even my period. Its so light. First day was like normal but second day, its just like spotting only. Is it normal? Can I be pregnant by any chance? when is the best time for  me to get a pregnancy test? and which is the best method home test or blood one? All the answers will be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Temptation,

You are experiencing a common side effect of the morning after pill.  It can make your next periods (it can happens for months) early or late AND they can be heavier or lighter than normal.

You can test as early as two weeks after you had sex OR when your period is due.

A blood test is always more reliable but it costs much more plus you need to see your doctor.  The urine test is very accurate but you must follow the directions to the letter.

Testing early, false negatives are common.  False positives are very rare.

You are unlikely to be pregnant taking the pill 4 hours after intercourse.

Hope it helps.

Thank you so much for the reply. This helped me a lot. Hope I am not pregnant. I will get my blood test done. your answer helped me a lot. thank you very much once again.