Hello! I am currently 24 years old, am on birth control (have been for over three years) and sexually active. I never that I can recall have had spotting a week prior to my period. I have not skipped any pills. The spotting is light pink and only when I wipe. For the last few days my breasts have been tender. Could anyone provide assistance or possible reasons why this maybe happening? Thank you so much for your time; Look forward to reading some responses. Should I take a pregnancy test? 

It's early for a pregnancy test, wait until you are due.  Testing early is likely to give a "false negative."

It could be implantation bleeding.

When you are due, if you don't have your normal period, take a HPT.  Follow all directions carefully, especially times.  If it comes back negative and you still haven't had your period 7-10 days later, retest.  By then the level of hCG (if you are pregnant) should give a positive.

Good luck.

Is implantation bleeding the only possibility? 

I am guessing a HPT is a pregnancy test. When you say follow directions carefully, what exactly do you mean? 

No, implantation bleeding is not the only possibility. Are you sure the bleeding is from your vagina?  You could have bleeding between periods, it is not that uncommon.

Yes, HPT is a Home Pregnancy Test.  As to follow the directions carefully I mean just that.  A lot of people rush the test, don't use their first morning urine, or wait to long to read the results.  You need to do these exactly.

1.  Take your time with the test, do it right.
2.  Your first morning urine is more concentrated.  If you are pregnant, hCG, the hormone made by the fetus, will be in your urine.  You're more likely to get an earlier positive result.
3.  There is no such thing as a "maybe."  If you search these forums you'll see a large number of "slight positive" results or the equivalent.  There is NO such thing.  It needs to be clear, YES or NO.  Some people may have a negative, then find it showing positive several hours later or the next morning.  That happens.  It does not mean you are pregnant.
4.  A false negative is common.  False positives are EXTREMELY rare.

Birth control pills are very effective so it is unlikely, but not impossible that you are pregnant.

Good luck.