I am 41. Last year I got pregnant for the first time in my life. Everything was fine until we did an amniocentesis. The amniotic sac tore and, although it sealed, the baby was dead so I got a D&C. Two months later I got pregnant again, with twins. Again, everything was normal until the 5th month (week 21). I started having contractions and there was no way to stop the birh. The were too young to make it. This happened on April 2 (it turned out I had an ureaplasma infection which is supposedly gone now).  My next period was supposed to be heavy and to come around one month after the delivery, but it did not. Instead, I thought I was ovulating around April 29. Then I started having pregnancy-like symptoms (sore breasts, darker nipples, mild cramping) for TWO WEEKS (i mean it was not PMS) and my period finally came on May 11. It was scarce, though. Things were normal until ovulation and the weird symptoms resumed around five days later. I have had them for two weeks now and I know I am not pregnant. Again, it is too long to be PMS, any thoughts?

hi
i am having the same problems. been trying for baby for awahile.lost 1 last year.i dont know how you have done it. i am finding it very trying and stressful. i ve start getting pregnancy symptoms, so done test neg,,, so i looked on here and found pms.i ve never had it before i am 37 and finding it hard as i ve had sore nipples,cramps,and lower back pain bad dreams,hot flushes for over a week now. so i need to now how long do you have pms for? i know my last period was 2 april and i was on in may but got so down that i went out drinking a lot and cant remenber. i ve been courting the mths for so long it gets you down! as i want a baby so much does that mean i am tellying my body to be? i got no one to talk to as all younger then me and my best firend just had twins, so i keep it to myself.i ve tryed every thing. dont think about it! think about something else it gets to a point when thats all you can think about! if i ve had pms for a week now does that mean i ve got another week of being moody ! and how long have you been having pms for?  as mind only just started.

lena wroteI am 41. Last year I got pregnant for the first time in my life. Everything was fine until we did an amniocentesis. The amniotic sac tore and, although it sealed, the baby was dead so I got a D&C. Two months later I got pregnant again, with twins. Again, everything was normal until the 5th month (week 21). I started having contractions and there was no way to stop the birh. The were too young to make it. This happened on April 2 (it turned out I had an ureaplasma infection which is supposedly gone now).  My next period was supposed to be heavy and to come around one month after the delivery, but it did not. Instead, I thought I was ovulating around April 29. Then I started having pregnancy-like symptoms (sore breasts, darker nipples, mild cramping) for TWO WEEKS (i mean it was not PMS) and my period finally came on May 11. It was scarce, though. Things were normal until ovulation and the weird symptoms resumed around five days later. I have had them for two weeks now and I know I am not pregnant. Again, it is too long to be PMS, any thoughts?

i would just like to say that i think you are amazing with everything you have been thought x and i would like to know the same? i am 37 women and the pms is bad this mth and still going after a week. i ve looked it up and it doesnt tell you any where how long it last for before a period and i done test neg,, i also lost in jan 2011 and things have not been the same as trying for long time starting to make me depressed moody gets bad before my period. so i need to now the same thing please?