Hi, I'm a 27 yr old female who was born with Cystic Fibrosis, nearly 5 years ago i had a double lung transplant. I'm now at the stage where my parnter and myself are considering starting a family and were wandering if anyone had any information or good stories to tell us. We've been told surrogacy is the best way to go, but are still interested in falling pregnant and conceiving ourselves. Any help or wise words appreciated.

i am a 30 yr old female who was also born with cf, and had my transplant 10 yrs ago. my husband and i have gone through 3 failed fertiltiy cycles using a gestational carrier. i have been doing great health wise so we are going to try to get pregnant on our own, if it doesnt happen in a few months we are going back to fertility to see our next step. there are risks of rejection but that is a decision that we all have to think about...

Hello, I would love to know what you have found out about trying to have a baby after a double lung transplant. I just turned 32 and received my transplant about 2 years ago... could you e-mail me any information you have found out and let me know what you and your significant other decided.... We were also considering Surrogacy...

Thanks Kristin

I am also a lung transplant recipient of just over 10 years and my husband also gave me a kidney almost 5 years ago. I would love to know if any of you were successful either conceiving on your own or through a surrogate as my husband and I are now at that stage where we are ready to have a child. I wish there was more data out there...any of you have diabetes as well?