Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Can you tell me something about cystic fibrosis carriers for I am planning on getting pregnant but I am afraid that my baby could be born with cystic fibrosis for my mum has the illness and I know it is inherited and I know I am cystic fibrosis carrier. So do you think I should get pregnant with this cystic fibrosis carriers history and how could this possible affect my baby health condition?

Loading...

Ok you are cystic fibrosis carrier but I think that it is needed both parents to be cystic fibrosis carriers so that the baby could inherited the illness. Anyway the wise thing to do would be if your husband do some blood or saliva test just to check on if he is also cystic fibrosis carrier and in the case he is than the chances for your baby to inherit the illness are very high – I don't know if this is the case than you should discuss it with some specialist for I think there are some treatment to reduce cystic fibrosis chances even before the baby is born. But you know I think that there are big chances that your husband is negative on this so it is more likely that your baby could also be possible cystic fibrosis carrier without getting seek truly ever for you now only in case when the both parents are cystic fibrosis carriers than the chances of getting this illness are big.
Reply

Loading...

Okay. Even if your husband is a carrier, your child will have a 25% chance of having cf. He will have a 50% chance of being a carrier without cf, and he will have a 25% chance of being completely cf free. Even if your husband actually has cf, there would still be a 50% chance that your child wouldn't have cf.
Reply

Loading...