Hi. I`m 18 and my Mom has cystic fibrosis. Now, I cough like all the time (quite smoking because of that), and have repeated lung infections. Sometimes I have digestive problems (I eat a lot, but not fat at all). I know that CF is an inherited disease and would like to know does this sound like cystic fibrosis?

Hi. I got cystic fibrosis and your symptoms does sound like you got one too. CF is diagnosed with some simple test that shows the amount of salt in your sweat. However, CF is diagnosed when you are 2-4 years old and think there is no reason for you to be worried. Check it out, just in case.
Not sure but I think that both of your parents must carry CF gene or something to pass the disease on their child. Anyway, I`m on a high-calorie diet, with vitamins and stuff and there are so many meds around me I can`t count them.