I am 4 months pregnant and under a lot of stress lately. I did prenatal diagnosis and found out that my unborn son suffers from cystic fibrosis. Of course, I asked doctors about this disease, and what I heard is far from good. My husband and I, we just do not know what to do. I know that today there is no cystic fibrosis cure, but in future, in 10 years, 15 years, maybe doctors will come up with something that might help our son. Maybe cystic fibrosis cure will be found. What do you say?

Please read my posting on the question asking about CF testing.
CF is hard...but read my cousins sucess story.
Oh I failed to mention in that post...not only is she a single mother she also (after the lung transplant) works a full time job.
Who knows when CF will finally take her from us...but on the positive side she has 37 yrs of life.

It might be found, than again, maybe not. Would you engage in a life full of pain and suffering for your child just so you would hope that one day something might be done, and that before your child dies. I don't know either. I am not in your shoes, this kind of choices could break even the toughest people. Than again, medical science is progressing almost every day, so the choice is yours only.

myself, my father and his sister all suffer from the disease!!! cf in some ways is like a cancer, i doubt that they will find a cure, i believe they may just find some way of freezing it but in the long run the cf will always be in the body. my dads sister died 4 years ago from the disease at the age of 33, her case like many others was that she treat every dat like it was her last and lived life to the fullest she could.

my husband has CF and i don't know if they will ever find a cure or not. but with the treatment, they can luive normal lives. my husband is 18 years old he went through high school -no problem- and we now live on our own and althoughj he can not work we have a very good life. the hardest part for his is were he is so active and he must stay in a hospital once a year for 2 weeks, (its to give the body more power and capability of fighting colds.) but CF patience can live normal lives. the only problem that we are having is that we want to get pegnant but are un sure if we can. but i hope this heled you.