I am on my first month of birth control and have never been on it before.
I know that the symptoms can include spotting between periods, headaches, cramping between periods. I have already experienced these symptoms - and some others I'm not so sure about: Night sweats, tight, swollen abdominal area (feels like I can't sck my stomach in), extreme exhaustion to the point of feeling like I'm going to fall asleep any minute, constapation, and even a few minutes ago I had two, quick sharp pains that made me cry out and grab my side. Just 48 hours ago I had spotting and havn't stopped cramping since. I had taken a pregnancey test maybe three-four weeks ago. It came back negative, but after a few hours I went back and checked and it looked as if maybe it were slighlty positive. The following day I had gotten my period (a few days shorter than normal, lighter, with less cramps. This was also a few days before I went on the pill). I had been pregnant before, it had miscarried 6 weeks in, but I know what early pregnancey feels like, so I felt pretty pregnant even after I had received my period...I still feel pregnant.
I know the only way to tell if what I'm experiencing is pregnancey or just birth control side effects is to either take a pregnancey test, or see my doctor. Guess I just want some quick insight before I do either of the previous...

Thanks for your time,
~M

I am on the pill too, as of a few months, and am also experiencing some back pains and cramping. So i would like some answers to this as post as well.

*bump bump bump*

Anyone have any ideas?

I think sometimes certain pills don't suit certain people. I switched pill because I was getting pretty depressed on my old one along with other unwanted side effects. Best thing is to goto dr, they can do a blood pregnancy test and/or suggest a different pill.
That said sometimes at first being on the pill does make your body crazy - I had a period/spotting for almost a whole month when I first started.

Hope that helps abit haha :3