Few days ago I noticed that my face was really red. I thought it will go away. After some time my face god swollen and it was very itchy. What do you think has happened to me? I know that I need to go to doctor, but till then I need some advice.

I will give you some advices, but you need to go to your doctor. Do not ignore your condition because it can lead into something more serious. When a face becomes suddenly itchy, it is usually a contact dermatitis. This means that your face have experienced an allergy to something being applied. Another possible cause is eczema, a hereditary sensitivity not caused by anything specific. Many rashes are passed off as "allergy," even without clear evidence. Know that hereditary eczema is often called "skin problems," "allergic skin," and other euphemisms. Maybe it is possible that you have some personal or family history without realizing it. My advice is to try 1% hydrocortisone twice a day. If you think that some new product that you started using recently has led to your condition, I advise you to get rid of it. If the rash doesn't go away in another week, I suggest you to consult a dermatologist.

Hello l do have this problem, for 2 years now and noone can tell me what this is....3 dermatologist later and many doctors and now l wait a year to go for intense allergy testing ....with this is so awful that when l do get the problem it just about kills me the itchy and swelling and red....l have tried cotisone creams and the only thing that works is prednisone but hate the sideffects....just awful......so if anyone can suggest something....please cant take this anylonger.....

If there is anyone that can suggest something...l have had red and itchy and swollen face now for 2 years if not more...l have tried cortisone creams and all sorts of other products to no help....the only thing that helps is prednisone but there are so many bad sideffeccts that you dont want to use this very much...l have gone to 3 dermatologist and multipul doctors to find out what this is to no avail.....now l am scheduled to go to an allergist but not for a year and this is killing me when the attacks happen.....today my face hurts so much due to the itching and ice packs put on through the night...so if there is anyone listening that has gone through this with something that actually works...please ...please...help......thank you

you should try coconut oil it helps my face a lot . I get a rash with tiny little bumps all over my face. I hope this helps!

I had the above symptoms twice now and both times they have coincided with bouts of strep throat. The first time I had normal strep throat symptoms, fever, sore throat etc. The second time I did not have any "normal" strep throat symptoms i.e. I felt fine, no sore throat, fever or anything just a very swollen, red face with extremely dry skin. So I likely wouldn't have gotten retested for strep with the swollen face symptom (thinking that it was an allergy to something vs. a reaction to an illness) but my husband and children are also sick with strep throat and have a fever etc. so we all got retested. Prior to testing positive for strep throat the 2nd time my doctor was about to send me to a dermatologist for their opinion about my swollen face but now we think it is related to strep throat. I hope this information is helpful to someone.

After reading that others have had results using VITAMIN B I tryed it and by morning I noticed a big improvement! VITAMIN B!

Loracita
My wife has the same thing for 3 years, ever since meeting me....we have been tested many times...no help!.... even down to dr taylor at Cleve clinic....it gets so bad she want to itch a hole to China....its arund her face neck and upper chest where her skin is exposed to air...even arms below the sleves....she has had allergies all her life like to cedar or wine but his is killing her, literally. Prednizone is the only thing...awful. BUT she is a little better now and has gone on a healthy organic diet....tried to reduce stress by going to hynotherapy and trying this crazy technique called EFT (emotion freedon therapy...i think...Google it) and she is better. She started all this cooming off pred so she was healthier....let me know if you need more info _[removed]_

also she was on two histamines H1 blocker and H2 blocker ???

WOW this is great!! I have had these symptoms everyone is talking about. I am unfortunately without health care at the moment and unable to see a doctor right away. But here is my story:
It all started out with dry skin, at first I thought it was the dehumidifier we have at home that was making the air too dry (thus my dry skin). But no! then that night I felt my forehead getting swollen and my bottom lip. The next day when I woke up my hands were getting swollen and I was itchy all over! I waited 3 days and my face was still swollen, still had itchy skin, and I knew that it was not an allergy. I could not go to the doc because of no health insurance but I did try to go to a free health clinic. The weirdest thing happened when I was to go on my appointment, I woke up that morning and I was fine! Not swollen any more and minor itching! I did not go to the doctor because I really did not want them to write it off as an allergy! (just imagine if you walk in to the doctors office and show no symptoms and you say “ well my face was swollen and my body was itchy” the fist thing they are going to say is it was allergies, But I know its not because I took a million antihistamines and they were no help at all!...
Any how I want to thank everyone for their post, and I will try vitamin B see how it goes, and if not I will try to see if it was strep!!

If any one has any other suggestions please do share! This is very annoying to have and not know what it is!! Thank You so much!!

it's emotionally based. have you been separated or lost touch with someone close to you? check out germannewmedicine.com
it's an amazing new way of looking at health issues of all degrees. a bit hard ot swallow at first but give it a chance and don't deny yourself full healing - face your demons and release tension and past hurts/fears.
Best, Lisa Marie2

im only 14 years old and am having most of the problems that you have all said. 2 days ago my face was beat red. like a sunburn but blotchier. the next day my face blows up like a balloon. my eyelid was so swollen i could barely open my eye. my lips are big to. my entire face is red and swollen. around my ear too. this has happened for about 1 week every month. my best guess is that it is a hormonal thing. i havent had my period but this happens around the same time every month. no doctor or allergist has helped me so far. please help. what is it? what can i do? i dont want this during school. ):

Hi folks,

I've had the symptoms you're speaking of, I wanted to just scratch the skin off of my face it was so bad. I spent a lot of money on creams, lotions and potions. I went to my family doctor and a dermatologist. There was one thing that finally worked after a string of trials and various medications, it got rid the itching, swelling, dry skin. Now, it took some months after before my skin started to return to normal, but it was healing. The product is called Elidel and requires a prescription. It does cost a lot, without coverage it was over $100. The tube lasted for months because you only needed to use a little for it to work. But it did work! Hope this helps anyone out there.

i suggest you try anti allergy tablets such as avil i had a similar problem n surprisingly these workes perfectly n reduced the symptoms drastically i was impressed twice a day after eating any mild anti allergy tablet would do try it for 5 days.....n don't over do it only twice...n wait for a week ,then see the rest

i think that e-45 cream and vesline is the best treatment for swollen and ithy face and steam for one time a day is best treatment for this problemes

I am suffering from a kind of skin allergy from last 12 yrs. Every 2-3 days, allergic reactions occur in the form of swelling and itching in some of my body parts, specially elbow and knee area
These occur anytime and I am forced to take Evil/Cetrizine to reduce the itching.
Anyone suggest a permanent solution?