I've been browsing this forum about similar topics and I've found some of it helpful but I'm still not too sure about my own personal problem...

Lately, my vaginal area has been inflamed -- specifically the labia -- it itches and the itching is intense. I've used Vagisil, but it seems to not be helping too well. I usually shave my pubic hairs but hadn't been for a while, so I thought that maybe the hairs were irritating that area. I shaved, it seems the itching has temporarily gone away, but my labia is still swollen and tender. It feels raw and irritated and it's very uncomfortable. I'm not sure what the cause could be or what kind of infection this is, but the labia is swollen to the point of where it protrudes outward.

I've been sick and taking cough syrups as well, and I also thought that these antibiotics could be contributing to the problem. I plan to schedule an appointment with my doctor for proper diagnosis within the next week. For now, what should I do?

This is probably not an STD. If it were, it'd be herpes. When was the last time you had sex? You might have an infection or allergic reaction to something (deodorant, perfume, laundry supplies etc.) When you shave do you use any type of soap or lotion? You should try using different brands of hygienic products for now until you can get a doctor to look at you.

womenshealthlondon.org.uk/leaflets/vulvpain/vpprint.html
embarrassingproblems.co.uk/Vulval_itching.htm

A few useful links.[/url]

I haven't had sex in about 3-4 months. This itching will go away for some time then re-occur, and I don't use any kind of lotion or cream when I shave. After visiting one of the links, my condition sounds/looks a lot like psoriasis of the vulva. I've heard psoriasis can't be cured, is that true? I'm sure there's medication that can help though.

als62088 wrote:

MarcusOfSmith wrote:

A few useful links.[/url]

Yes, it can.

My brother has it on his hands, but I'm very unsure about you. I would strongly suggest the advice of a doctor. :]