ever since I've started my first period (2 years ago) my inner labia starts to itch just after I finish my period it's the most annoying thing ever and it drives me crazy! once I give it just the slightest itch it starts to get swollen. it usually happens from the middle of my inner labia all the way to the vagina hole and it looks like a really bad bug bite. I'm a virgin, never had any sort of oral sex ( I'm 13 ) so I highly doubt it's an  std  and it's not a yeast infection either because I don't have any discharge for a week after I finish my period. Is there any way I can stop the itching and also prevent it from happening ever again? 

Health Guru
Hi guest, how long does the itch carry on for once you period stops?

usually a week and it's really uncomfortable to sit down or do anything for that matter because it gets even more itchy

Health Guru
Is it just your labia minora that's itchy or your labia majora and clitoris too?

First off you say U have an itch down there ? way have you NOT ask your mother ?? more than likely she may know what to do abut that itch ....know that is just my 2cents of thinking .. good luck from Miss SAM

Health Guru
If you can't give good advice miss Sam then keep your comments to yourself, some girls find it embarrassing to talk to there mothers about things like this just like some boys find it embarrassing to talk to there dad's about their penises.

it's just the minora and like around the clitoris

I live with my dad who isn't married and I'm an only child

Health Guru
I very much doubt it would be a yeast infection even an external seeing as it stops after a week after would continuous an not just for such a short time, it doesn't itch at all while your on your period and I'm guessing you use pads and not tampons?

it does itch towards the end where it's just like brown I guess? and yes I do wear pads most of the time. is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening/ what I can do to stop the itch

This is to BLANKANVAS 002 .. THANK YOU VARY Much for your advice to me :-) ..I am Vary sorry that you are MAD at me :-( .... I WILL STOP giving out free advice this way you will not get mad at me any more...PLEASE tray to have a vary nice day. for I will ....and PLEASE be nice :-) :-) ....From Miss SAM ....On NOVEMBER .03.2015 @ 09;15 EST USA (( PS I will late you give the free advice from this day on )) WITH understanding LOVE TO ALL OUT THERE all of Y"ALL BE NICE :-) :-) :-)

EYE 2 am an only child . I see you have your dad do you have a mother ? 4 I do not have my dad or mother. I know getting info from persons that U don't know is ruff but live with some of it and trash the rest .. I was JUMP'T on vary badly by one of the readers out there .but that is the way it go's in life. Your up one day and down the next. I hope you get the info your look fore on your itch down there .. MY be you can ask BLANKCANVAS002

Health Guru

I'm guessing that your in America by the times you reply so not sure on what brands are available there but if you do a Google search for vaginal itch creams it should give you some names to try, one I would advise you to try and stay away from is canesten as I have seen some people on here say they have had bad reactions to it.
In the mean time I'll look and see what else I can find out for you.
When your labia gets itchy and swollen does it also look dry and sore?

yes it does, and it gets swollen also on the entrance of the vagina (the hole lmao) is it safe to put the creams there?

Health Guru
As long as you only put the cream around the entrance not in then it should be fine.