sometimes my palms and the soles of my feet get really hot(a burning sensation and really warm to the touch) red and itchy. I feels really good to put them under water but somehow i feel like this isn't good for it. so I just apply some unscented lotion.
It's been happening for years. and I'm still trying to figure out what triggers it. it happens randomly mostly. but I have noticed that it happens a lot in the morning. like right after I grab something. or something scratches or hits them. really just any pressure being applied. its lasts for about a minute or 2 then goes away.

Hi there! Itchy palms and soles have multiple causes like atopy, dry skin, exposure to allergens and certain systemic and skin diseases. Severely itchy palms and soles can present with or without any evident skin rashes. Most of the causes of itchy palms and soles are similar to that of hand eczema and can be broadly divided into exogenous and endogenous. Many of the causes for itchy palms and soles are from outside sources: 1) contact dermatitis caused by irritants like cosmetics, soap and detergents and allergens like nickel and rubber can cause severe itchy palms and soles. Housewives’ getting severe itching of hands following handling of items like garlic and some vegetables is a common occurrence. Sudden itching of the palms and soles can occur following ingested food (seafood) or medications like penicillins, sulfa drugs etc. Solvents, paints and fiber glass exposure are also important causes for itchy palms and soles triggered by contact dermatitis. 2) A secondary infection of a wound on the hands and feet can cause dermatitis if not treated promptly. The bacterial proteins act as antigens to produce inflammatory skin changes resulting in itchy hands and feet. 3) Secondary dissemination. A secondary ide eruption or pompholyx caused by a fungal or bacterial infection in a remote site can cause tense, itchy or painful eruptions on the palms and soles. But without first consulting your doctor you can't know what is causing it in your case. Hopefully these informations will help you.