Last year June 2014 i went to my OBGYN for a ultrasound to find out the sex of my baby when we discovered ny baby had no heart beat. I was in the hospital for a total of a week because of fevers and horrible cramping. They never did a d&c. Now almost everytime me and my fiance have sex i get horrible abdominal pain between my belly button and my pelvis to the point where it hurts to walk or do anything, and its been almost a year. Is something wrong? Should i get it checked out? Keep in mind i dont have health insurance so a doctors visit will be expensive.

Hi Danitomsich

There are several reasons for pelvic pain you are experiencing. I will list few for your reference -

Pelvic Congestion Syndrome

Pelvic congestion is just like the varicose veins that some women have in their legs, but it affects the veins of the pelvis. Blood backs up in the veins, making them become enlarged and engorged. Pelvic congestion causes chronic pelvic pain in some women.

Symptoms you may have:   

• Pain starts 7-10 days before your period   
  • Pelvic pain is worse when you sit or stand   
  • Lying down relieves pelvic pain   
  • Lower back pain   
  • Aches in your legs   
  • Pain during sex

Interstitial Cystitis

Women with interstitial cystitis have an inflamed bladder. The inflammation is not caused by an infection. This condition tends to affect women in their 30s and 40s.

Symptoms you may have:   

• You need to urinate very often   
  • Often feeling an urgent need to urinate   
  • Discomfort when you urinate   
  • Pain during sex

Pelvic Inflammatory Disease

This is an infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, or ovaries that causes them to become inflamed and infected. Most often, it is a sexually transmitted bacterial infection, like gonorrhea or chlamydia. These bacteria enter the uterus through the vagina and leave the fallopian tubes to infect surrounding organs like the ovaries. Scars left by the infection may cause chronic pelvic pain; however, more commonly the pain is acute.

Symptoms you may have:   

• Vaginal discharge having an unusual color, texture, or odor   
  • Abdominal or pelvic pain in a specific area or more widespread   
  • Pain during sex   
  • Irregular or missed periods   
  • Menstrual cramps that are worse than usual   
  • Frequent need to urinate   
  • Pain when you urinate   
  • Pain when you ovulate   
  • It hurts when you press on certain areas of your pelvis   
  • Lower back pain   
  • Fatigue   
  • Fever   
  • Nausea

Pelvic Support Problems

Sometimes women have pelvic pain when the muscles and ligaments that hold organs in place weaken. This causes organs like the uterus, the bladder, or the rectum to move from their normal places and herniate into the vagina. The vagina may also change shape. Pregnancy and giving birth may cause these kinds of problems.

Symptoms you may have:   

• Leaking urine   
  • Feeling like something is falling out of your vagina   
  • Difficulty with bowel movements   
  • Lower back pain   
  • Pain during sex   
  • Pelvic organs bulge into the vagina, or even stick out the vaginal opening, in severe cases

Vulvodynia

Vulvodynia is pain that affects the vulva for no apparent reason. The pain of vulvodynia may be constant or it may come and go.

Symptoms you may have:   

• Burning or stinging sensations in the vulva   
  • Pain when something presses on the vulva, like during sex or when you straddle a seat   
  • Pain in your inner thighs

Besides these there are purely psychological reasons as well. It will be prudent if you visit a doctor and get a correct evaluation - Do not prolong your suffering. Good luck