I am 20 weeks pregnant and suffering from my secound yeast infection. The first one I got I was 3 months pregnant. So I did what I always have done if I got an infection, went to the store and bought the 3 day Monostat cream. I have NEVER had a problem treating an infection with that! Well I used it for 3 days, and nothing!!! I still had the infection!! So I went to see my ob and she gave another perscripton 7 day cream and STILL nothing!!!! I was still in so much pain!! I couldnt stand the burning and itching anymore!!! It had been going on for almost a month at that time so my dr pescribed me a pill that took it away in a couple hours. But they dont like to pescribe that pill when you are pregnant because it can cause birth defects. Well. Now I am 20 months pregnant and YET AGAIN, I have another infection. Im using the 3 day treatment again. I actually bought 3 boxes and am planing on using them back to back. I REALLY dont want to take another one of those pills. Id rather nurse this infection for the next 4 months rather then risking my child a life time of living with whatever birth defect that stuff can cause. I guess the reasion I am posting this is im hoping that someone can resure me that this will go away or maybe someone can tell me this has happend to them while they were preggers and everything when back to normal after you gave birth!!!!! Are the meds not working just because im pregnant and my horomones are going bonkers right now?? Will I get back to normal after I give birth?? someone help!!!!!! :(

Good Morning Guest,

Unfortunately I have not had your experience with pregnancy BUT I have had a ton of other things go wrong with me after being pregnant.  My daughter is 2.5yrs old and since I have had her I have had 3 surgeries - 2 of them on my left side and a hysterectomy.  My bunion on my left side became unbearable and I just had surgery for that repair 3 weeks ago today and it really sucked because it hurt a lot!  About 9 months after birth I got diagnosed with DeQuervains and I needed to go and get a tendon released as I had a huge growth on the inside of my left wrist, it looked like a bunion on the wrist - again very painful.  I also had had problems previously to being pregnant with very heavy periods and very painful.  The heaviness and pain often would bring me into the ER as I would soak a pad within .5hr to 1hr of putting it on and the pain was unbearable.  So the doctor who delivered my daughter by emergency c-section did the hysterectomy not even a year ago.  I am hoping that my problems have now subsided as this is not fun anymore except for my daughter.  I suffered my first ever UTI after the hysterectomy and it sucked, so I do feel for you.  The best advice I have for you is go on the internet and google other ladies experiences while they had to take that pill and the outcome of their baby or talk to your doctor.  Is your doctor an OB?  Your OB should have experiences from other patients or ask to go see another OB just for the sake of your baby and get a second opinion on what to do as your health shouldn't suffer either.  My other suggestion might be to go to a natural path to see what they recommend and then go home to google what the ingredients are cause I do know natural drugs can do just as much harm to baby as well.

I really hope these ramblings of a tired mom make sense and they help a little bit.

eat lots of yogurt!!