Hi i suffer with endometriosis for 3 years the doctors told me the i would probably never be able to conceive to have children. with endometriosis I am six weeks pregnant now but last night i started to bleed like i was having a normal period i ave no pain but my bleeding occurs off and on i went to the doctors this morning and e said i must prepare myself for the worst and it may be a miscarrage . but i have to wait 2 weeks for my scan for the simple reason the wont be able to see anything on the scan because i am only 6 weeks is anyone in the same position or even so has any one been in this position i really would love your help thanks linzi

If the doctor that told you to prepare for the worst is the same one that told you you may never conceive my first suggestion is to get a different doctor. Get a second opinion.

Ive known several women with this problem and one experienced bleeding during her pregnancy. She went on to have a healthy baby. Your mental state can help you if you remain positive thru this ordeal of possibly miscarrying because you may not. Believe it or not. While youre waiting for the results of this scan try (hard as it may be) to tell yourself everything will be ok. Treat your body well as if this pregnancy WILL go to term. Eat nutritious foods and take your prenatal vitamins (if theyve been prescribed and I hope so, folic acid is very important in deterring some serious birth defects) and again see if you can get a second opinion.

Endometriosis is an inflammation of the lining of your uterus resulting in severe cramps and heavy periods. Maybe some migraines too and other symptoms Im sure. It is very possible that this bleeding may just be your body eliminating the extra endometrium it doesnt need. You will most likely need to be closely monitored and may need to see your OB more often than most.

One girl I know hasnt had a baby yet but her symptoms were so severe that she begged her doctor for an answer to her problem. He told her to get pregnant. It seems that some women experience a 'cure' or lesser symptoms after having a baby. I wish you all the luck I can throw your way and if its not too much to ask please keep us updated on your progress. And please please please try to get another opinion.

DistinctivelyMe...?

i am 19 and i was diagnosed with endometriosis when i was about 16. I got pregnant my senior year and my doctors also told me i would probably not be able to concieve either. I was pregnant for 15 weeks when i found out my baby had a severe high risk problem. I ended up having 3 fetal surgeries on my son through me. He was soo strong and fought for 6 months. I do not know if it was particularly from the endo...but i lost my child. It's been a year now...and i just recently found out that i may be pregnant again...but i do not want to get my hopes up. After i lost my son...i had a miscarriage about 3 months later. I am very scared because I want to be pregnant but i know that my endo will affect the pregnancy. I have pain every month when my period comes....serious pain. And when i found out i was pregnant this time....i didn't even feel excited because with my luck...it may not happen to well. Some people in the world who don't want children can have one after another....but yet us with endo we really want just one baby...and we can't have even one sometimes. In my circumstance...I lost him. It may not of been because of the endo...but who knows. I feel like I need encouragement...that maybe it will be okay. Sometimes I wonder.. why can crack heads or drug addicts have beautiful healthy babys...but me who is not a drug abuser and is set financially ..cannot even have one. I feel you totally and I hope you can concieve someday soon. Does anyone feel the same way? Will there ever be a cure for this massive problem that affects many woman?? I have mixed emotions about it all....and why it had to happen to me. But God must have a reason. I know I have and Angel watching me...but will this pregnancy procede well??? I'm in need of answers...can anyone help????

I have been suffering from Endometriosis since I was about 13 years old, I have a 11 year old and I just found out I'm pregnant with #2. I needed to take fertility drugs for this one, but it happened. Go get a new Dr.

Endometriosis is a disease where the endometrium grows outside the reproductive cavity, Each month the attachments start bleeding and cause havick. But once you get pregnant, all those adhesions and stuff will start to dissapear cause there is no hormone to feed them. Thats why they say pregnancy is the best treatment for endo!

Good luck!

Last December 2007 I was scheduled for endometriosis operation. I have 2 cyst right 3cm and in the left is 6 or 7cm that's why my OB decided to remove it. But a day before my operation we discover that I am pregnant. Thats why it's on hold, at first my OB said that after 3months or maybe if the baby is stable on my tummy she will resume my operation.

On my 6th week of pregnancy, we see in my ultrasound that my baby have a very good heart beat, and my OB said that her new plan is to remove my cyst at the same time with my delivery of course CS operation.

Now i'm on my 9th weeks of pregnancy. Tomorrow is my schedule for ultrasound and check-up. I hope I will hear good news about my pregnancy.

I'am 31 yrs old and it's our first baby, im also worried about my situation...

Please give me advice to lighten up my mind.

I just read you post about how you were diagnosed with endometriosis and you found out that you were pregnant. So is your baby okay? Did you go through with the surgery.

I have just been diagnosed with endo myself and am very nervous. I am also 31 and want to get pregnant.

I just read all of the stories above and oh my! i finally found a couple of ppl that can understand my situation!
I was diagnosed with endo when i was 18 years old, but suffered from horrible pain since i was twelve.
There was times when i thought i was crazy, becuase i would always complain to my doctor about my pain and he could never figure out what was wrong with me. I was under the pill since i was 12 just to have regular menstrual periods without much pain. FINALLY, when i turned 18 i decided to seek for a second opinion and my second doctor diagnosed me with endometriosis. I had a minor surgery right after and the pain went away for a bit. . . I got pregnant when i was 19, and right when i was 6 weeks pregnant, i started to have some bleeding, later on that same day i lost my baby. . .

My doctors have told me that i had to be strong and prepare for the future, because endometriosis would make it harder for me to get pregnant or have a baby. .

Im 20 years old and life just keeps getting harder! it seems like everytime i get my period i have to ask for 1-2 days off work because of my pain. I think i may need another surgery.

Last night, i took a home pregnancy test and came out to be positive, ive been trying to get pregnant for a year and i made it!

I am just so scared , what if i cant have my baby again??? I dont think i can take that pain again!!!

I need hope, somebody to tell me that its going to be okay. . .

I'm 28 and was diagnosed with endometriosis when I was 16. At 18 they said I would never be able to have kids and tried to convince me a historectomy would help me with the pain. I decided not to have one and when I was 22 was told by the same doctors they thought I maybe able to have kids but, I had a small window and would not be able to conceive after the age of 25.
I'm 28 and I'm currently 14 weeks pregnant. This just shows how little doctors know about endometriosis.
My sister has it as well and has 2 healthy happy kids.
I hope everything goes well for you. It can be a stressful time without adding more stress. From what I have been told bleeding can occur, and also I've known women who have gotten their regular period for the first few months of pregnancy. There can be a number of reasons, you could have 2 uterus's which is more common then people think.

My mother in law also suffers from it and was never able to have kids. She eventually adopted my husband. When I was initially told I couldn't have kids I eventually decided that adoption would be the way to go. For those who are unable to conceive due to this I hope they never forget there are other options. I know my mother in law loves my husband more then anything and wouldn't trade him for the world.
Good luck.

I read all of your stories and my heart goes out to all of you women who are dealing with this stuff. I have a 2.5 year old son who is healthy and happy. I got pregnant with him easy. I don't recall the last time I felt great. I have had 5 surgeries in 3 years. 2 of those were for my endo and My OB Doc says I need to try and get pregnant and the endo will go away. It is all over my intestines and uriters and of coarse my uterus. I have been trying to pregnant but all I seem to get out of the situation is pain and bladder infections. I have been so discouraged about it and angry that I have sisters and sister in laws getting pregnant so easy. I feel selfish but I dont want a hysterectomy. I am trying the herbal thing to see if that will help my body feel better. I have done away with pain meds of 2 years. I hope and wish the best for all of you ladies. I will keep you in my prayers. I know the Lord knows what is best for me and I just need to put my trust in him even if I dont have another child I can always adopt.

Hello. I'm a freelance journalist living in New York, and I'm interested in writing an article about facing fertility problems as a result of treatment for endometriosis. I became interested because of a dilemma once faced by a friend of mine from high school. Soon after graduating, she was told that she needed to have surgery for endometriosis that had a possibility of making her infertile. At 18, she wasn't ready to have a child, but she knew she wanted to have one in her lifetime and didn't want to take the risk of trying to have a baby after the procedure. My friend decided to marry her high school sweetheart and have a child before beginning to take the medications. She's a happy, married mother now, but at the time it was the most difficult decision of her life, understandably. She was an honors student in high school who had intended to go to college, but she decided to give up on her professional dreams to start a family. Her story helped put teenage pregnancy in a new light for both me and our entire high school community.

I began thinking about that story again recently and started to look up endometriosis message boards to see if this is a common dilemma faced by young girls. And I did find several cases of teenagers deciding to have children early because of the condition. Often, they were worried that no one would understand where they were coming from.

If you know someone who is in this situation now, I would love to talk to her for a story I plan to write for a women's magazine. Thanks for your help.

I have had endo.. since i can remember. i have always longed to have a child. I found out almost years ago i was pregnant. i was so excited, happy, and scared. I was told by my nurse that one in every four pregancy result in a miscarriage. She told me it was very common. i woondered why she was telling me this. i thought she was being very mean. when i was 11 weeks pregnant i went to my doctor for a regular check up and we couldnt find the baby heatbeat...i found out later i misscarried. it was the worst day of my life! i still dont have any children but even though i didnt deliver in my first pregnancy i believe it was a sign from God. for as long as i can remember i thought i couldnt conceive. but God should me i could. I will continue to have faith and when God wants me to be blessed with a child he will give me one. in the mean time i take it one day at a time. i often wonder why other can reproduce with no effort or why all the wrong people can bring life into this world so easly and i cant. sometimes its very hard but i also try to remember that through God all thingss are possible and its not our time it is his...waiting brings patience and faith....good luck to all with this teribble condition.....

me to i just found out im at least 4 or 5 weeks pregnant and im scared that i might have a miscarrage and i havnt started bleeding or n e thing but i have really bad cramps do you have cramps or no?? but yes i admit im only 18 but if i lose this baby i dont think i want to try for another because im scared if i do that it will be another disappointment and i dont want to take the life of another fetus soo... but i hope we both make it through and have very sweet and precious baby's hang in there im praying for the both of us!!

hope all is well

I just wanted to let everyone out there know that there is hope for women with Endometriosis who want to get pregnant. I had endometriosis and polycystic ovaries and tried for 6 years to have a baby. Finally I stumbled on an all natural product that no only eased my endometriosis pain, it helped me get pregnant! It's also helped friends of mine get pregnant too! One of my friends had multiple miscarriages, and this product helped her too!. Good luck!

I have endometriosis, have had it since I was twelve. I also have a tilted uterus. About every six months or so, I get all the pregnancy symptoms, test positive and within 24 hours of testing positive, I lose the baby. I never make it past six weeks. It's really hard, but I shouldn't be able to get pregnant, so maybe someday it will work! This is the second month in a row and maybe that means I'll do better this time. I'll take it as a sign. If She has children in store for me, I wil be very happy. If not, I still have my husband. It's hard though. I see babies in stores and pregnant women seem to be everywhere. Some days I wish they woulndn't let them outiside since it hurts me so much. I cry when I see them. After four years, it's just really hard now. And I feel like I can't even tell my husband because he just thinks I'm oversensitive and I want it so bad, that it is in my mind and my body responds. He's probably just tired of thinking he will have a baby and then before we can even get used to the idea, it's gone.

I am a 21 year old female. I have just recently found out i am pregnant and am very scared. About 2 weeks ago I was treated for mild endometriosis, using Helica. Before that about 2 years ago I had a termination at about 13 weeks. I am terrified as I have been told that The abortion and the contraception that I have used could be the cause of my endometriosis. What is more frightening is that my Partner does not want me to keep it and I'm scared that another termination could complicate things for me. As I do want children, I would love to keep this one, but I don't want to thrust this on him. I don't know what to do. I have a doctors appointment on wednesday and I have no idea what to do.