I have been pregnant 5 times before and this time seem just like every other time, but I had a hysterectomy in May of 2004. My aunt told me of a lady that had a baby after having a hysterectomy said the baby attached to the intestines and is healthily and living today. Can this be what is wrong with me? I have the following symptoms
I have cloudy urine, with sore breast on the sides like where the glands would be, nausea with certain smells and in the evening, odd cravings (fried pickles with ranch dip), hungry all the time (I used to eat very little and about once a day now I stay hungry and if I don't eat three meals a day my belly just growls and I feel sick), belly swelling (weight gain), tiredness, heartburn & having to go pee a lot. I have taken many home test and they all come back negative. and have went to the doctor (MD not ob/gyn) and all test are normal, no infection or nothing they even said that my blood test couldn't be any more perfect. But I never had any blood preg test run. The doctor was going to give me a preg test cause she said all the symptoms were there but once she found out I had had a hysterectomy she decided not to do the test. What do I do? I have even went to a stomach doctor and he though it was my gal bladder but said that all test came back perfect. He did an ultrasound of the upper abdomen but he said that also looked perfect. Now I go on November 7th to him again and I am worried that I could be pregnant but since I don't have a uterus I wonder if I can't produce the hcg hormone that is used to detect the pregnancy, Is this possible? Where does this hormone come from? Can it be that the baby is attached to the intestines and my body not produce the hormone because I feel as if I am pregnant I even have the feelings of kicks inside and movement, I am very confused please help.

k.. this one stumped me. so i googled it!

Because there are several different ways to do a hysterectomy you may be able to get pregnant afterward. If you have a complete hysterectomy for some reason you obviously cannot get pregnant because you do not have ovaries to release eggs. If you have a partial hysterectomy and your ovaries are left, which they usually are in modern hysterectomies, you could possibly get pregnant. Every hysterectomy is a bit different, so to is each person’s definition of what is a hysterectomy may be. If you still have the female reproductive organs to produce eggs and carry a child to term you may just have a baby in your future, no matter how slim the possibility.

Pregnancy occurs when an egg is released from an ovary and is fertilized by sperm. The egg will then implant in the lining of the uterus and continue to develop into a fully formed fetus. In women that have had a hysterectomy they can still get pregnant, but whether the pregnancy will be viable will depend on if there is a uterus and what damage may have been done to in the process of removing other parts of the female reproductive organs. Some women experience scarring of other organs when a partial hysterectomy is performed which can further impair chances to become pregnant.

Doctors ordinarily tell their patients that if they do not have a uterus they cannot get pregnant but there is some literature to suggest that this may not be true. Every now and then a woman who has had her uterus removed will ovulate and there will be sperm available to fertilize the egg. Usually the egg is simply absorbed by the body but there is evidence to suggest in very rare cases that a fetus can continue develop attached to a fallopian tube or even the inside of the abdominal wall. For obvious reasons this is not a viable pregnancy, mostly because the area will not allow for the growth of the child and there is no source of nourishment. A lot of the time women will not even realize that there was a fertilized egg because it dies before it grows enough to be noticed.

HOPE THIS HELPED!!! Best of Luck!

Yes it helped some... I am still confused as to why it feels like a baby kicking and moving around inside me... I only have my left ovary left I have nothing else.. Now i did some research myself and found that a few months ago in England a woman named Lisa pittman had a baby girl that attached to the bowels (intestines) which just backs up what my aunt had told me that a baby can be viable if it attaches to the intestines. I also did research on eptopic pregnancy and it also say that they can attach to the kidney or liver blood vessel. And also the symtoms I have had the past few months backs up those of which are associated with an eptopic pregnancy. I don't know what this means for me i am still confused myself maybe I will ask the stomach doctor when I see him on nov. 7th and see if he will do another ultrasound but of the lower abdomen this time and just see if there is anything there. I know I am not going crazy I know what a baby kicking feels like as I have 4 children .. I miscarried one. But I know well what a baby kicking and moving feels like I just pray that this is the case and that I will be able to carry it to term without any problems. as my New hubby has no children of his own. I thank you for your info on this question It has helped a little.
Take care and May God bless,
Gloria

The above post was me I just forgot to log in But I am going to ask the doctor about it when i go on the 7th and I will keep you all posted as to what is going on... Ok?

take care and God Bless,
Gloria

What kind of questions should i ask the doctor when I go in to see him tuesday? Any pointers I should say.. About the symtoms ect...

I also wanted to post up this link to a woman that just gave birth to a baby that was in her abdomen attached to the bowels not the uterus.. So I am still confused as if this is what is wrong with me or not?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/beds/bucks/herts/4197194.stm

The lady in England had to have a hysterectomy due to hemmoraging AFTER the Cesarean birth of this wonder child who grew in her abdomen. If that is a true story, I still do not understand how this baby grew to viability.

If a woman has had a hysterectomy, whether total or partial, there is NO WAY for the sperm to get in to impregnate you. The surgical wound, where the uterus & cervix have been separated from the vaginal area, is sewn shut, and grows back together. There is NO opening for anything to enter or exit.

It's been almost two years now, did you ever find out what your problem was?

o.O Hi! My name is Charmaine!

I have been experiencing the same feelings, as the lady above as well. My hysterectomy was done 12 years ago, and I am really having feelings and symtoms of being pregnant. I want to know how do Iknow for sure if this is the case.

Kind regards
Charmaine

I have had a historectomy and i have my left overy and a phalopian tube and i have had pain bloading stumache filling like a babies foot is in my rib my breasts are hurting really bad my doctor said theres something in my tube but he doesnt know what it is. So my question is could i be pregnant?

Hello I know this post is old but I was hoping you still check in from time to time.  i have the same symtoms as you and I am told the same thing that there is no way I am pregnant.  But I feel kicks and movement in my stomach along with my stomach swelling and I am hungry all the time.  Do these symtoms sound familiar.  I was wondering if you ever found out if you were pregnant or not?  I can't get a doctor to take me serious.  Once they find out I have had a hysterectomy they tell me it is has to be gas or my bowels moving.  Bowels don't kick.  i do want this to be a baby I pray about it every night.  i started having movement a little over 2 months ago.  Please reply anyone. 

Hello,I just wanted to find out if any of you where pregnant after the Hysteerectomy?

Hello, my name is Stephanie and Iam 42. I had a partial hysterectomy in 2003 because of heavy blooding,I still have both of my overies. I have 3 children that are grown and I have always wanted to have another baby. Iam having symptoms of bloating,swelling,always hungry,thirsty alot,peeing alot and it is cloudy,feelings of something sticking me in the ribs, heart burn,nausea,headaches. I want to be pregnant so bad because my husband now does not have kids but wants one but does not want to adopt or have someone carry a baby for us. It is just not the same,I would rather carry it. It is possible for me to be pregnent? I pray and ask God to please give us a baby of our own every day and night. I have even prayed that God would just let all of it grow back..lol

with god ALL things are possible!

Did u ever find out if u where expecting a miracle baby?

Omg!!! Ok I think I'm pregnant even though I have had a part- hystorectomy I'm vomiting my head off not like my migraines when I have them I'm just very sick to my stomach and then the meds work but not now. I go to the doc on Friday I'm so scared !!!

Wow how do u find out if u r p g