I had Novasure done in April. Almost exactly 1 month later, I had a severe UTI. Almonst 1 month after that, I am experiencing a severe yeast infection. Could these be linked to having the Novasure procedure done?

Hi CrystalW, it's possible that both are related to the Novasure procedure although I suspect that the UTI is more likely causing the issue rather than the yeast infection being caused by the NOvasure procedure. I am not entirely certain. Did your doctor not tell you that it was possible that this was going to be a side effect at all?

Well, I believe that this is something you will have to check with your doctor because you shouldn’t be experiencing these side effects after Novasure procedure. One of my friends had it and the only side effect she has got were swollen and tender breasts (at least she is claiming that this is because of the procedure) but she is completely satisfied with the results of procedure regarding her menstrual bleeding.

UTI is common infection for most of the women no matter what age they are and I believe that the yeast infection is a consequence of the UTI and antibiotics that you have been taking but it is best to see your doctor about this just to be sure.

I had Novasure done in March 2012, and 2 days later had a UTI, after meds I got another one right after, they put me on stronger meds and it's been a month in a half and now I have another..

I think it does have something to do with it.. because before Novasure I only had 1 UTI and that was when I was 17.. I am now 40 and all of a sudden I get 3.

you tell me

I had Novasure done on July 17, everything went well up until last week I got diagnosed with a UTI...have antibiotics and I'm good

Crystal,
I too had the Novasure and I'm experiencing these same issues. I'm 42 and I can't rid myself of these awful yeast infections. It's ruining my sex life. Can you help me? How did you resolve these issues?

OMG! I am having the same issue. I had Novasure done in Nov 2015. Since then I been dealing with UTIs and yeast infections. Has anyone resolved these issues. I have not had sex with my husband in over a month due to these issues.

I had no azure in September 2016 a week later when I was suppose to have my period I experienced uti symptoms. Had lab done. Negative to a uti. These symptoms lasted a few days. The following month same thing. When I was to be on my period had these same symptoms. Ran labs. Negative. So here it is third month and I started experiencing same uti symptoms. I checked my calendar and yes exactly a month later. So I'm thinking it has something to do with my period and is not a uti. Weird. And frustrating.

I had an endometrial ablation at the beginnings of it popularity about 10 years ago. It was magnificent the first 5-6 years. No more bleeding and no more pain. Then I slowly began to have cramping and bloating. It continually got worse and I went on for an ultrasound where the Tec told me my lining was growing back behind the scar tissue. A few months later it, I was in the most sever pain I have ever felt and then it ruptured. It was such a relief.

From this point it will build up (I get so bloated I look pregnant) and rupture every three months. Most of my uterus is scar tissue I suppose and I really hardly discharge"red" blood. I hardly discharge at all. The smell of vaginal area also changed dramatically. When my body began building up fluid behind the scar tissue it began to smell literally rotten.

Occasionally now I will discharge every two months rather than three. This is a great relief as I don't get as bloated and it doesn't smell as bad.

The problem I'm having now is that I went from having one bladder infection in my entire life to having them chronically (4+ times/yr). I'm certain it's because of the buildup in my uterus. Im sure it's not good to have something staying in your body that is meant to be shed but is trapped behind scar tissue just festering.

I really don't want to have a hysterectomy. I'm 42 years old and just not sure if I'll make it to menapause. I have looked at blogs and it seemed like there are thousands of women experience similar nightmare stories.

At first I was embarrassed to talk to other women about the intimate details I'm experiencing but now I have made it my mission to let every female I know understand the ramifications of this procedure. I would have much rather lives with childbirth pain and heavy bleeding every month than to deal with what I'm going through now.

I had the Novasure 3 yrs ago. Everything went great at first. Then I started getting recurring UTI's & yeast infections. Those infections went to my left Kidney (thankfully the right is good). Now because of the recurring UTI's they have caused me to have chronic Kidney stone disease. I didn't put two & two together until recently when my doctor told me my stones are not diet related they are infection related. I started thinking back I had the Novasure in January 2015 by November 2015 my left Kidney was riddled with stones. Lithotripsy was out of the question I could not pass them. They were WAY too big. So I had surgery to remove them. The UTI's continued to occur therefore creating more stones. (my UTI's all traveled directly to my kidney causing kidney infections.) several surgeries in 3 yrs. Now because of all the infections, stones and surgeries my kidney is now riddle not only with stones but with scar tissue. My doctor here in my town attempted to do another stone removal surgery back in April of this yr but was unsuccessful due to all the scarring he could not through to the stones. So he sent me to the specialist of specialist which is 3 hrs from where I live. I just had surgery last week over the Thanksgiving break. He wasn't able to get through it either (mind you I was trying not to loss the kidney). Now I am faced with possibly losing my kidney. My fear now is if this all started with the UTI's from the Novasure what to stop it from infecting my other kidney if I loss this one. So now I'm also faced with possibly having a hysterectomy just to make sure I keep my right Kidney healthy. I wish I knew all this before I had the Novasure.

I wish I had done more research before getting the Novasure last week. I would not have done it after everything I’ve been reading. I think I have a yeast infection or uti already. I’ve had maybe one yeast infection an upwards of 20 years ago. I feel so awful for all these women who’ve had so many issues and I’m now terrified myself. I should’ve kept switching out the NuvaRing every few weeks.
To anyone on the fence, I’d say don’t do it.

I just had mine done a month ago and I feel the same as you. I wish I had done research, I have had 2 severe yeast infections and a bacterial infections since the procedure. I wish I hadn't done it, if this is what I have to look forward to. Id rather experience heavy periods w/cramping.