I am 12weeks pregnant and have a urine infection with pseudomonas, i wonder if anyone else had this and what treatment did they have without causing harm to the fetus.

I saw that you posted something on having a urine infectino with pseudomonas.....................................................what did they end up doing for treatment and did it work? I am pregnant as well with a urine infection with pseudomonas and I have it for a long time now and nothing is working.....................if you have any answers or suggestions, it would really help.

thank you!

I have just spent 5 days in hospital being treated intraveniously for pseudemonous. I am 39 weeks pregnant so you may need to wait if you are not as far on in your pregnancy but I was advised that it had to be treated before birth as it could spread to my uterus if left untreated

Please tell me how your pregnancies turned out. My granddaughter gave birth to a stillborn daughter, full term, in May. The autoposy revealed nothing. My granddaughter recently was diagnosed with a pseudemonas infection in both ears. Her ears have been bothering her since 3 months before delivery. We are trying to find out if the infection could have been the cause of the baby's death. Thank you for your kind replies.

I was 24 weeks pregnant when i was told that i ahd a urine infection called pseudomonas, i was taken into hospital for 7 days and had to have anitbiotics via IV (drip) twice a day for 7 days, they said that they couldnt give me oral tablets as that type of anitbiotics was not strong enough!! I had the treatment and i am now 35 weeks pregant (as far everyone can see everything is ok with the baby, and i was told that the antibiotics given to me was perfectly safe during pregnancy) however i never had a clear urine sample since being in hospital and was this week that i actually have the infection back and that they wouldnt want to deliver if i have pseudomonas again so will have to go back in for treatment, until i have my appointment i am unsure exactly what will happen going forward, The problem with pseudomonas is that it is growing more immune to the antibiotics given so it is not 100% gaurenteed that it will get rid of the infection, however i was told that the antibiotics given while i was in hospital will def kill it, but i dont think that was the case as like i said i have never had a clear sample since and i now have it again!!!! But if you are offered the treatment take it, as it can be a nasty bug, one of the midwifes in the hospital sait that it can cause early labour and miscarriage, plus you can get very ill with the bug,

I hope all goes well and i hope i havent scared you too much with how my experience is going,

but good luck and all the best for the future,

I had a Midwife checkup at 20 weeks pregnant, they found I had a urinary infection called pseudomonis. I was put on the drip for 3 days and had to take antibiotics for 2 weeks after that.I had another midwife checkup, they found out I still had it so I had to pack my bags and spend 6 days in hospital to be treated with antibiotic by the drip, every 6 hours around the clock. I am now 35 weeks, my baby's healthy, and my pregnancy is going great. It is true that it's hard for doctors to treat you with the right antibiotics as some antibiotics that will usually kill a bug, feeds the pseudomonis instead. My best advice, don't panic, stay positive and listen to every advice given by your doctors, take every medication they may need you too, as it could end up badly if left untreated. Stay positive and for those who have it, good luck and wish you all the best.

Hi I know this post was posted 2 years back but I am going through the same situation and so scared for the baby please if you could just tell me that did those drugs and pseudomonas have any affect in the baby . I would be very grateful

Sorry for the late reply but I too had a still birth with pseudomonas it is the infection found when we had to go back in the records when I had my daughter in 2003. The still birth was in 1993 and the cause of placenta detachment was infection pseudomonas. I had my daughter in 2003 and the infection was caught in time and I was put two expensive intravenous drugs on two separate month long visits, the first one the bacteria was resistant and I had to go in again for a different one. I was getting a very strange discharge and the doctor did not really take it seriously until she ran the test for this. I am so sorry about what happened to your granddaughter and family. Thoughts love and prayers your way I hope you have found some clues to help out with this. Best regards, Lexie

Although this is an old post I know others will come along and find it when searching for information. I too had a pseudomonas infection which was found doing a routine urine culture after I was diagnosed with a urinary tract infection at around 29 weeks. I was placed on a twice a day IV antibiotic drip at home. My pregnancy was considered high risk and I was already managing treatment injections and had home health nurses visiting twice a week which probably accounts for why I was not hospitalized. The antibiotics are very strong and a special IV set is required, but one will usually last for the entire time of treatment. I was worried but I tried to stay positive. The treatment knocked out the infection and the remainder of my pregnancy and the delivery was uneventful. My baby was fine and is now 19 years old.

My daughter went inti premature labour at 23 wks 4 dys. The baby was born normal but only lived for an 1hr. The Doctors did not try to save her because the foetus was too young. They took swabs of the placenta and when she went for review they told her it was pseudomonas and prescribed Flagyl 400mg and Doxycycline. Will it be safe for her to gt pregnant again?

My daughter had that same infection and she went into early labour at two days before sic\x months, the doctors did not try to save the baby and she held her baby till the baby died. She still cannot cope with the loss of her baby girl.

Did the Doctors say what causes this infection?

I was diagnosed with Pseudomonas when I was 12 weeks pregnant. I am imediately googled it… Because that’s what you do… Having no earthly idea I would come across something so serious. After I read this thread, I cried for an hour. I am so sorry for everyone on here that lost their babies. My heart is broken for you. I was very lucky. I ended up having to spend seven days in the hospital to take IV antibiotics because the pill form was not safe for pregnancy. We did have to consult with the infectious diseases department to make sure I was taking the best anabiotic that was safe for pregnancy for this specific strand of pseudomonas. I also did a urinalysis every month for my entire pregnancy to make sure that the Pseudomonas did not show back up. I feel so fortunate that i had fantastic doctors and care. I am writing this right now as I look at my healthy three-month-old baby. I promised myself on the day that I read this thread, that if I got through this with a positive outcome I would come back and write this post. If you were diagnosed with this please don’t think that it is a lost cause. Please consult with your doctor and come up with a game plan. My thoughts and prayers are for a safe and healthy pregnancies for you all.

In 1983 I was pregnant and was examined by a doctor with a speculum that was contaminated with the virus. In 4 days my unborn son was dead and I spent 10 days in ICU. P