Hi I'm 26 years old. I started getting the hives 3 months ago. After having then for a week and only getting more each day I went to the doc he told me it looked like bug bites that I was having an allergic reaction to. He immediately thought bed bugs so I got a new bed n cleaned like crazy. (Even tho my husband had no bites). The second month I realized that it couldn't be bed bugs. Now the third month I connected to my period. The only difference with me tho is that I currently have my second iud. So I have been on birth control for over 6 years. I don't like taking lots of meds so taking half a dozen meds would make me crazy. I have my annual pap smear at the end of the month. Hopefully my doc can give me some answer. Glad to know I'm not alone with these crazy hives.

Hello Amy,

If you have hives that could be due to stress or some kind of allergy.  I really do think that hives look very different from bed bug bites.  You could have an allergy to mites but as you said you have a new mattress now.  If it's and allergy it could be to something you ate, something that bit you, cosmetics or any plants you have come in contact with.  You might try some hydrocortisone cream or benadry cream (for allergic response) to see if that helps.  I once had poison ivy and I was completely covered and Oh what an itch.  I finally had to go to the emergency room.  If your rash is due to stress then you need to try and relax if you can.  You might consider taking some time to yourself and soak in the tub.  Don't use any harsh soaps on your rash.  Consider soaking in oatmeal or Epsom salts and see if that doesn't help.