I have been feeling my heart beat strongly in my neck for the past week. I have suffered from palpitations for about 15 yrs on and off but lately I have felt them worse. I was diagnosed with Panic disorder two yrs ago. Does anyone else ever feel strong heart beats in their necks? I will see my doctor this week.

I have since I was about 12 years old. I am now 31. I have pretty much always suffered from anxiety...especially in social settings. I feel the same way. I sometimes feel like I am going to die from a heart attack. I ofcourse don't but it is pretty scary. My heart beats so hard sometimes that I can feel it throughout my entire body. My husband thinks I am a hypochondriac. I am not sure of the cause of it. I have never taken medication for it or anything. I just deal with it everyday. These drugs nowadays are more harmful than helpful. Please let me know how you deal with yours.

i am 27 i have been having palpitation for a while now i have them all over my body i have started yo worrie now they has cause me to have panic attacks i get a warm feeling in my heart area and it spreads then i panic i trie to control it some times i can sometimes i can't i just went to the er they gave me some xanax for the disorder it works very well it takes about 45 min to kick in and last for ten hours i wish there was another way to controll my panic attacks i have tried all the breathing tricks they don't work if anyone can help hit me back at _[removed]_m

I totally know what you are feeling. Sometimes I feel it so bad that I can see my heart beating in my neck when I look in the mirror and in my stomach when I take a bath. Trust me, if you have had it for a while and have not had a heart attack then it is a panic attack. Don't freak out and try to practice deep breathing and relaxation techniques when you feel this. Good luck

Hi I'm gonna be 30 next week and I started getting weird heartbeats about 2 years ago when I was pregnant with my little girl. It seems I miss a heartbeat and then I get and extra big, strong one in my lower throat/upper chest. sometimes i could feel a tensing up or gurgling sensation b4 that big heartbeat. I asked my doctors about it a few times and they keep telling me theres no need to worry, but its freaky. I suffer from severe stress/depression/anxiety/panic disorder...and have for about 6 years now. I have been on antidepressants twice now, I have just stopped them actually (was on celexa) because I think they make me feel worse than better after a while, and a person just can't live on those things your whole life. they seem to have numbed me. from every emotion, not only from sadness. and thats just not human. I am starting to realize and believe that simply deep breathing, massage therapy, and exercise make me feel so much better. and reading a self-help book or 2 written by a psychotherapist...started reading one yesterday and in a matter of 24 hours i really do feel better already. but ya the heartbeat thing...I have always been a very stressed out human being, very on edge, even when I was little. I must change that now, because i do believe the heartbeat thing is a sign, it is not normal. I must learn to calm myself and I guess remind myelf...is "this" really worth killing myself over? cause the rate I was going up until yesterday....thats what I was slowly but surely doing. stress. such a little word that can be such a horrible thing! i can guarantee once i fully learn how to ground myself, relax myself, get to know myself.....etc etc...those weird heartbeats will disappear! i'm hoping!

hi.it seems that those symptoms relate to anxiety. im 22 and i sufferes from itsince i was 6 actually. the panics attacks came back about 1.5 yrs ago.ive been on medication for 1 yr it work good i stoped about 5 months ago everything was going well i was able to control everything good untill the 23 dec. so i went back on the medication. im hoping on going on therapy this will help a lot. i believe everything is in our mind we just need to get back on board and control these situation. palpitation on the neck i have them most of the time bt i try not to pay much attention to them as i panic. bt i even panic when i dont feel it,

hi. im 13 and i suffer from a anxiety/panic disorder and i get these feelings like im gonna die or tht a blood vessel invmy neck is getting ready to burst. i got suspended from school last year cuz my principle thought i was taking and then my councilor called them and tld them about and i got excused from all my wrk and they didnt put it on my record. i try to slow my heart rate down with breathing but its got worse a couple times making me dizzy and unable to wlk i just want to make sure this neck beat is normal and tht im not the only one out there

No ive been having the same thing ive been told by docs I have a panic disorder I get sharp pains in my chest and left shoulder and weird pressure headaches in the lower back of my head. And just recently I started getting strange sensations in the aorta of my neck. Feels like a bubble or something shoots up and sometimes it feels like pressure in the neck and it feels like my heart is going to come out of my neck. It sometimes beats irregular. Idk I do have a panic disorder but its hard not to feel like its fatal.

ask your doc to put u thru 4 an mri and a spine xray symtoms on slip disk in ur neck thts how i started untill i knocked my lower back and BOOM pain 24/7. do u get pain or numbness in the arms tingly pain in lumbar part of spin any pain in neck? u dnt have to have pain in neck to has slip disc u cud jus feel like u r now. tuk me 7 months to get this done. do u feel like ur brain is foggy .try this sit down ND TWISED UR LOWER BACK FACE AS FAR LEFT AS U CAN WITH UR LEGS STILL IN THE SAME POSION IF U GET PAIN IN BASE OF SKULL OR IN NECK ITS A DISK FOR SURE. do you get dry mouth any little bit of pain in legs shoulder blades?

Yes. I do this all the time. Sometimes I hear it and sometimes I feel it in my neck. I have generalized anxiety disorder, but I'm almost convinced it's something worse. At the same time though I panic if I don't check or feel my pulse every so often.

I'm 17 yrs old and since 2010 I have been feeling my heart beat in my neck......I get really worried about this but I have never told anyone about this....

i am 20. been having that same problem, i can tell for a fact it not anxiety that does it. 

People who suffer from depression are often told it is in their head, to snap out of it or called a hypochondriac...not true...if anxieties was cancer you would get sympathy....these disorders can't be seen, therefore they are not understood...It takes a special spouse, family and friends, to understand that you "don't want to feel like this". This kind of attention is not wanted. It's embarrassing to talk about or ask for help for...you pray that they never have to experience this kind of mental pain....they probably could'nt handle it .... do the best you can and take it one day at a time....keep fun happy thoughts in your head....it takes practice....listen to music....dance around your house....sing...loud....watch ME TV....those old sitcoms are good.....keep the faith...and prayer is always a must...

I have been suffering from this for the past 6 years it is so bad I can feel my heartbeating in my eyes. breathing hard and some times sweating.  Finally I am going for a MRI aftet throwing a b fit in the Drs office. The neck pain reminds me a a balloon being blown up in my neck the pressure is horrible. Some Drs say anxeity but the only thing that works is taking 2 baby asprin after about an hour the heart calms down, I take anxeity meds but frankly I feel like I am out of it and it still happens on the meds.  I have some lumps in the back of my neck which causes terrible headaches and adds to the pressure. I have noticed alot of folks are suffering with this. Mine started after a car accident can not lay on the left side and now it is affecting the right. Will post again after MRI with results. Good luck to everyone suffring with this.

yes i fill the same