For the past few weeks I’ve been having a feeling strange feeling of pressure on top of my head. It was not really a pain like a headache, just pressure and just on top of the head, not all over. My question is, can a cat scan determine the presence of unruptured aneurysms, because I am really worried about that and tumors since this started. Also, I am under the major stress and I do have anxiety disorder which I take xanax 1.0 mg 2 x daily. I notice that sometimes after I take the xanax, the feeling of pressure subsides somewhat. Could something like this be stress or anxiety related?

I was surfing around looking for answers to my own health problems and came across your mail. Apart from various symptoms, written off by my G.P. as anxiety, I also have suffered from the same strange pressure sensation at the top of my head, though I don't believe I've yet had an answer to what this is. I have found help with this via my Chiropractor, I was lucky to find a good honest practice, there must be some kind of central register where you are, or ask around, though nothing obvious I apparently had a slight problem at the top of my spine. So, my Chiropractor made some slight adjustments, and the feeling vanished.

This occurs for me when there are many stressful situations occurring one after the other that is played over and over again in my head. Starting off as a headache then slowly builds over a matter of months. I am quite sure that it is caused by stress as this is about the third or fourth such episode in the last 30 years and is always precipitated by many stressful situations.

I recently began having a lot of pain on the top of my head too. I am taking Xanax .5mg a day, but I am under a lot of stress. This pain does subside, after I take a Xanax, however it returns hours later.

I'm confident it's stress related, but I'm worried about how detrimental it is to my overall health. I can't escape the stress, so it's taking its toll on my body.

I know this feeling well - it shouldnt technically happen because there are no sensors in the brain for feeling. Contact me. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use