Hi, I am thinking about getting pregnant for some time. Are there any risks of multiple pregnancy? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

There are potential risks. It is nice that you are interested to collect as many info as you can since this will help you prepare for any problems that might occur. Maternal risks are miscarriage, anemia, urinary tract infection, diabetes, chance of cesarean section. Also delivery of multiple infants is costly. Fetal risks are preterm delivery, low birth weight, increased risk of birth defects. Less common is difference in size between babies. There is also a procedure called selective reduction, where one of the embryos is removed in the first trimester, so other fetuses have better chance of healthy survival. Don’t be alarmed with all these risks, multiple pregnancies don’t occur that often.

I had twins and my sugguestion would to resurch it on the inter net. my pregnany was a high risk and i was in the hospitle 7 times