Oh my God, I have see a movie in which this little boy suffered from a disease called Progeria, in which a child gets old way too soon. Is this even possible? Is it happening around us because I have never heard of it until I saw this movie! I may not be using the right forum but I would appreciate if someone had any info on the subject!

Progeria does exist but it is very, very rare. There are maybe only 45 people on the planet suffer from it. It is a genetic disorder, which accelerates the aging process to about seven times the normal rate. This is why most persons with this disease die at the age of 10 because they appear to have respiratory, cardiovascular, and arthritic conditions of a 70-year-old person. Some of the characteristics of progeria kids are dwarfism, wrinkled skin, baldness, and a pinched nose. Their minds are not affected and they appear to be just like other kids except for the looks.