Good day everyone. My doctor today started to talk to me about role of arterial stiffness in cardiovascular disease. I need to be totally honest with you and tell you that I don’t have any idea what this can means and what this is. But why do I have a feeling that I need to know?

So, I want to start this discussion to see what do you know about this? I am pretty sure that someone is interested in this and that someone wants to know more about it.

So, do you have any idea what is the main role of it?

Keep in touch.

Hey there.

I am pretty sure that the arterial stiffness refers to the actual arterial wall characteristics. The aortic or the right arterial stiffness is mainly determined by the structure of the aortic wall and other factors such as well - known  blood pressure, the stroke volume, etc. Now this aorta represents the typical type of elastic artery. This aorta has a very thick elastic layer, with less amount of smooth muscle. On the other side, the muscular arteries the smooth muscle cells are dominating in the tunica media.  That is the main role of it in cardiovascular diseases.

Hey everyone. I have a lot of problems with arterial stiffness and so far I didn't find out what the main cause of my problems is. But step by step, I did some research and I found out some things about this. For example, I found out what the arterial stiffness actually is and what this means for cardiovascular disease.. But it doesn't matter how hard I was trying, I was not able to find out what is the main role of it. The previous post is a little bit complicated but it gave me something to follow when I do some researches. I just want to thank you about this.

Good day there. I think that this is the independent predicator of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. I think also that by identifying the strategies that prevent or reduce stiffness are really important in prevention any cardiovascular disease or cardiovascular events. Arterial stiffness occurs as a result of the atherosclerosis along the aorta and that is why this has a very important and very huge role in cardio diseases. Also it has very important role in the development of isolated systolic hypertension in the middle aged or older population.

That is all that I do know but I think that it is well explained.

Have a nice day!!

Hey there.

I believe that the main role is that it can predict some cardiovascular diseases. The researchers reported that the main role of arterial stiffness in some individuals is associated with hemodynamic feature and cardiovascular risk. A lot of studies have shown that the incident of certain types of this diseases are connected with heart attacks and strokes.

There is also connection with obesity. If you are obese you can have a bigger risk getting some heart disease, heart attack or stroke.

I really hope that this is a bit clearer to you now. Enjoy your day.