so i went to my obgyn because i had been bleeding for about 5 months, and i later started developing large blood clots. i thought it was nothing, but i went anyway because mym om and my grandma both had uterine cancer. but both were in their 40's when they were diagnosed, so i never thought in a million years i would have cancer. turns out i have have stage 1 uterine cancer. the doctor tells me that my prognosis is very well, especially since it was caught so early... but i have to get a hysterectomy. i'm having a real hard time comming to terms with never being able to have children. is there anyone out there that has gone through the same thing? i could really use a friend

Have them freeze your ovaries so you can get your husband's sperm and your egg fertilized invitro, and carried by a surrogate. You may even be allowed to emit severla eggs for freezing--ahead of surgery. I was sterilized by chemo--complete ovarian failure--from an early breast cancer and my life was never the same. I regret I was not offered any options, yet the men I sat beside in the waiting room for say, radiation, told me docs had offered to freeze their sperm...and their fertility comes back! Save your life first, and come back to your frozen eggs later, when you are well and the emergency has passed. Good luck, stage 1 uterine cancer is one of the most contained and survivable cancers.