I have problems that I noticed for the first time maybe few months ago. When I visited my doctor complaining, he diagnosed me with arthritis. I have never thinking about this disease, but now I have psoriatic arthritis on my own. Now I have to live with this and trying to cure it however, I can. Anyway, I wanted to ask if that is normal that I feel finger stiffness at night.

I guess during this time that you suffer of this disease you learn something about this disease. That is why I will explain just something about its symptoms, for example night stiffness in fingers. Psoriatic arthritis causes not only the joints to swell, but also swelling of the surrounding tissues. If you have psoriatic arthritis your fingers or toes may become red and swell, and have a sausage-like appearance, which you must noticed. Not all the fingers or toes may be involved, but also your nails might also get small holes in them. This symptom of arthritis is called pitting, and may detach from the skin. The other common features of psoriatic arthritis include tendonitis, which is swelling of the tendons, and enthesitis. This means pain and swelling at sites where tendons and ligaments attach to the bone. Most people with psoriatic arthritis do not have back pain, but if you do, it will probably be worse at night and first thing in the morning. I have to say you should not be surprised with night stiffness in your fingers, because that is normal. You probably noticed finger stiffness is gradually decreasing as you become more active during the day.