Howdy, folks. My neighbor has recently been diagnosed psoriatic arthritis. She visited both dermatologist and rheumatologist, I think. I would like to know what can trigger this kind of arthritis. I would really like to know which factors are. Thanks for all who reply to my post. I appreciate it. Bye!

Hello, there. Psoriatic arthritis is the kind of arthritis that is joined with psoriasis. Besides that, there are other risk factors. Those are: heredity, age between 30 and 50, Caucasians and HIV positive persons. As far as I know, trigger factors are skin injuries, stress, reaction to medicine or vaccine, alcohol and malnutrition. Infection can also trigger psoriatic arthritis, especially if it is a streptococcal one. Exposure to the sun is also another trigger factor. Exposure to irritant chemicals such those found in paint is also a possible cause. I hope I’ve helped. Bye!