Hi, i have a problem with laughing. I laugh at innappropriate things and i cant help myself to stop! i laugh at people crying and hurting themselves and i hate myself for it. It is causing me major problems with my life and seems to be getting worse lately. It seems to come in stressful situations, such as my father crying to me and i laughed in his face instead of being there for him. Im really upset and wanted to know if there is such a problem or if its all in my head. Im only 22 years old and it has been happening for many years now. Occasionally i will cry for no reason too but it mainly laughing. I heard that it may be tourrettes syndrome or PLC. Can anyone help me???
Thankyou.

hey your not the only one... i know i laugh at everything. but im positive its not a disorder, well i dont think so. i laugh in class, in gym, outside during school breaks, and at home. but i have been training not to laugh.

i cant really help you but at least you know your not the only one.

Guest wrote:

just wondering... wrote:

Thankyou.

. I am trying to figure out the problem from myself. That is laughing too much with no reason. Sometimes even at somebody's sadness or death; I don't want to be a bad guy but I can't help laughing...Sometimes I have to go to bathroom to laugh with myself. I hope there is some medicine that could help me stop laughing when needed.

me too. its a really serious problem and id feel a lot better if i knew there was a name for what ive got. ive had it for at least 12 yrs. im 24 now. i actually went to a hypnotist for it a few yrs ago and i remember the few months after that how amazing i felt. gradually though i went back to it. i hate it so much. i was walking down the middle of a packed church at my nanas funeral trying not to laugh :-( . after all these years i still dont get it. it seems to happen when im nervous or sumthing or if im having a bit of a deep conversation with somebody. but it can also happen ordering food at maccas n that. i dunno, beats me :-(

Girl i feel you! I laugh at everything! Like good or bad i still just end up laughing at anything... In the middle of reading everyones response i started laughing! I was actually lookin it up online to see and this is what i came about... But i just wanted to say your not the only one! So dont worry to much!

lol dude i think people just laugh haha
i laugh at everythingg too
like i've had such bad problems with my presentations
when i'm in trouble or just like you said when you laugh at people who are crying or getting hurt.
and yess when i went to court one time haha i started laughing
but seriousslyy
laughing is like the best feeling in the world =]
and its natural so why would you try to stop it!! =]
we're all just laughing people ya know? lol its great! lol

OMG! Im so glad im not the only person! i thought iwas the only one. wheni laugh in public places my family and friends move away and pretend they dont know me and let me get on with it.. i even cry when i laugh not coz of happiness but because of the fact i cant actually stop once i laugh. It takes at LEAST 25 mins for me to calm down, so you can imagine what family outings are like. some people claim im on drugs its that bad. But tbh ithink its coz im so overally happy or just overly upset.. im never in between, either one or the other. some people say that i laugh to cover up how i really feel, in some situations it could be true but i cant control it! and no way am i goin to hospital who ever posted tht comment!! your right they are crazy for sayin that! We will be fine! :-D im very sure! thanks for whoever started this topic.. iv found it useful :-)

for all ya hommies out there ya nat the only ones i laough at evey thing tooo I get bet up for laoughing at some things to peac

I have a laughing problem too people ask me if im on drugs n tell me i have terrets i just laugh at them haha im goin to see a doctor lol

I think Im going through this 2 and have for a while, It really affects the way people view me, Im constantly laughing at situations that arent funny ie when im in trouble or in a compromising situation I always thought it was a defense mechanism, I cant control myself and i verbally express to people that I dont think its funny, It is really bringing me down and it really doesnt help in a professional setting.

I laugh at inappropriate times. My friend told me no one wants to hire him and I laughed at him because I got nervous. I have an anxiety disorder. Lately, It's been getting worse. My friend said I laugh like a turkey. It can be really embarrasing. i'm not sure what to do.

i laugh a loy am always getting kicked out of class and stuff 4 just laughing i even laugh in my sleep.............. but i never laugh at sad thing i cry alot wen there is somthing sad going on i think i just show to much emotion but my friend id trying to make me go to the doctor buy i wont.........and am 17

i have a laughing disorder all the time i feel like saying :$ i can't help my self i wish icould help myself at all but maybe someone out there who could help me please pretty please! :'( :'( :'( XD

Lol I am looking up laughing disorders tonight and this is site is what i found as well. My son who is 13 laughs alot and sometimes I wonder if he has something wrong with him. He got in trouble about one year ago and I spanked him on the bottum pretty good and he cracked up laughing that made me made I gave him another and told him to stop laughing and he burst out laughing again and said I cant help it. I started laughing with him I could not help it it was contagious. he laughs alot and at alot. So I wanted some answers so hear I am.

HEHEHEHEHE
IM LAUGHING
I GUESS I HAVE PROBLEM TOO HEHEHEHEEHEH I JUST CANT STOP HEHEHEHEHEHE