A frind of mine punched me in the chest and I've been having pains wne ido stang things like lift my bag or laugh or cough... Should i see a doctor or is there something i should check for myself beforei get checked out?

I would recommend seeing a doctor immediatly. Usually this wouldnt concern me, but you said "punch" and "cough" in the same sentence. You also said laugh which is consistant with the lungs. You could have a lung problem. Call your doctor or go to the ER immediatly.

i just got punched in the chest today...and i also have been having pains when i breathe, cough, and laugh. its not that bad though, just sortof a sharp pain in the upper chest. do you think i should tell someone?

i got punched in the chest too.. mine was lastnight though.. and
only by a 6ft2 17 year old guy who was intentionally trying to hurt me..
whereas i'm a 5ft4 15 year old girl.. i'm having the same problems with breathing, coughing, laughing, and talking..
it hurts all over the upper chest but a visible mark hasnt shown up..

I am so sorry, I have been punched for no reason by a crazy person that I know, and I was having heart problems so I went to get an EKG of my heart and they told me Im ok. I am so hurt in and out. Im sorry for all of you going thru this, and I was in such shock, I wasn't even smart enough to hit the as****e back.

This is more for the benefit of anyone else who happens to stumble upon this thread... THIS is NOT typical behavior for friends. You should not have to worry after a "friend" punches you in the chest whether you are going to be okay or not... especially if this friend is a "loved one." Physical contact is a serious matter, if you have found this thread because you too have been punched in the chest consider a change in lifestyle. Talk to a youth minister or someone you can trust, that will not only hear you out, but will also be a strong moral guide to help you get out of these situations. It is definitely possible to go through life without suffering these kinds of relationships. I have not personally endured them and know many people (in fact the VAST majority) who do not. 

Sincerely,
A friend

Funny you should say all that "concerned." 

I found this thread because my "friend" punched me in my chest, as well-- there's only one problem with your advice, though. 

The "friend" who punched me in the chest-- was my youth minister!

*** Inappropriate comment removed ***

Kids, if you want good advice, go to a planned parenthood clinic, ask one of the employees there to give you "the talk," make sure to always do your best in school and try to get a good college education, and for everyone's sake-- stay the hell away from organized religion. 

So we should take advice from close minded, rude and intolerant people such as yourself? Your comment has nothing to due with the question and is just a pathetic attempt to upset people. With your attitude, why should anyone listen to an intolerant person such as yourself? The fact that you use the "all priests molest children" stereotype proves your ignorance. What is wrong with religion? What we all should share your beliefs? Sometimes atheists are just as intolerable and pretentious as they claim religious people to be.

As for your problem, I would recommend seeing a doctor if you are in pain everytime you move or breathe.

guys whoever has got a punch to ur chest are having upper back pain?Just tell some one to poke with their index finger along the spine,at some point it may be hurting.If so u have got to treat it.My ayurveda doctor told me that the point where the rib cages meet is a pressure point and if u get a punch there it would result in a back pain

Nothing says I love you quite like a punch to the chest. Also, nothing says I hate you quite like a punch to the chest. If you have been punched in the chest, and your chest hurts, thats normal. If your hacking up blood, are getting light headed, or having trouble breathing go see a doctor. If the pain does not subside, either start taking vitamins and doing push-ups, or go to a doctor. Maybe even both.

YEah really, because this was a horror story for me 5 years ago when some psycho i was dating punched me in my chest and cracked my sternum. I had Immediate pain and knew something was wrong.. I had to lay on the dayum floor it hurt so bad. The main way to even get a sternum fracture, crack, or break is through car accidents.. So if your sternum is cracked from another human being punching you ,, they hit you hard as ph***K! Its been 5 years a Order For Protection and Restraining orders on him and his family and i still have pain here and there.....  When i first went to the hospital they said it was just bruised.. But then my chest continued to hurt and when i went in a week later,, they said it was actually cracked.... Sometimes you can have a puncture to your lungs with this kind of injury!!!  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sternal_fracture

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

Dude you are scaring the cr@p out of me, i just found this post because someone punched me in the chest, and now im really scared

NOT ONE REAL ANSWER  IN THIS THREAD!!    But thanks for all the judgment, life advise, and stories.        

A better, but incomplete answer is that it is hard to know what is going on inside the body after a trauma.  X-rays are always recomendend, but almost always show up negative- great news as this rules out more serious injuries.  A bruise, or contusion in the chest can be very painful and take a few weeks to clear up, and sometimes they do not present at the skin surface.  This is my scenerio, and it sound like you experienced something similar.  I am watching it, and monitoring progress.  Going to the  emergency room would  be ridiculous-  It would take hours about $1200 to my insurance and $100 out of pocket, and they would tell me the same, but perhaps give my an rx for a pain killer likely 7.5/750 HC.   I can pretty much garentee there is some soft tissue damage,  but that is something that your body will have to heal on its it's own.  Sorry to say,  but time, and rest is the best medicine here.    FYI  I found this thread looking for a better answer,  did not happen, and this is chest contusion number 2 for me,  my answer is based on my first one.

Got punched in the chest the other day when I went to get some herbs.... I told my b***h ass dealer that it was a little light, and out of no where he just punched me right in the sternum. It was a direct hit, it fased me. I just walked off mad ass hell and went home. There is no bruise visible, but this mother f#%^&r hurts.

this phsyco I'm dating punched me in the chest.. its a week later n still hurting.. now we are looking up symptoms while she lays here laughing her ass off!! thanks lurve.