I've never done this before, but I'm am desparately trying to help a friend who has been having terrible headaches over a period of time. She has had multiple tests, MRI, CTs, and an arteriogram; all of which have been negative. She describes her headaches as heavy pressure, especially to the top of her head but all over and it is excacerbated with coughing, laughing, and bending over. She does not meet the standard criteria for migraines but that is what she is being told. She had seen a Neurologist in the past, but when these tests were negative and no other explanation offered she proceeded to an Allergist. He gave her multiple meds that seemed to be the cure and after a period of 6 weeks her headaches went away and have been gone approx. 2 years. Now they have returned and are even worse. He suggested she go to her primary MD and have him refer her to another Neurologist.

I am concerned about her intracranial pressure. Noone has ever suggested for her to have this checked. Lumbar puncture has never been mentioned. 1.Can migraines have these particular symptoms? 2. Should she insist on a lumbar puncture or accept the diagnosis of migraines? Please HELP! I would greatly appreciate any expert advise offered.

Thank you,
Melissa

i have this exact problem. my headaches are just like this. i love to laugh. im a really silly person but lately i have not been laughing at all because it hurts so bad. i cant work well because i work at a photography studio with little kids and i constantly have to bend over and smile and be happy. its horrible. i have no idea what the cause is to these headaches. i'll research more and tell you if i figure anything out.

SINUS INFECTION!!!
I had the same symptoms. Every time I bent over, laughed and sometimes running. Had every test in the medical dictionary and all tests returned negative!
Finally my family doctor prescribed nasal spray for a sinus infection and CURED!!!!
TRY IT!

WHAT Nose Spray???!!!