For a while now I have had a lightheaded feeling ater laughing hard. I was wondering is this normal? Or should I see what's wrong?

The same thing happened to me, belief or not. When I am laughing really loud, I have a constant lightheadedness and sometimes I had a dizziness for a couple of minutes.  First, I was not sure how is this related. But very soon I find out that there is a connection, tnx to my doctor. He explained this very good to me - you know when you need to say to someone "Hey, stop, I need to take some air"?! Well, the same thing happens in here, when you are laughing a lot, this can cause a insufficient blood flow to the brain, which means that your brain is not receiving enough oxygen in certain moments. When this happens, your brain is thrown into a sort of panic mode and that is why it feels dizzy. 

I know it's been a while since anyone has responded to your message, but I find myself getting lightheaded after laughing also. It usually happens if I am extremely tired, if my blood pressure is up (it's normal now, and the lightheadedness still happens), or if I have a sinus headache. Sometimes it is even accompanied by a butterfly feeling in my chest. It has been going on for almost a year now. My doctor thinks it's nothing, but I know my body!

I have been reading that some people who get lightheaded after laughing almost black out or even see white spots. I am not sure why this happens.

My lightheadedness began when my blood pressure began to go up. Now, my blood pressure is back to normal and the symptoms still occur.

Hey,
I have the same problem, it started after I had my pituitary tumor removed couple of years ago.

OMG, this is exactly what has happened to me twice now during this month. First time I was watching a movie and I laughed so hard and I started feeling dizzy like I was about to pass out, a very weird feeling. I panicked but I managed to calm myself down and it went away! Last night, some friends were over here and one of them made a joke. Again, I laughed real hard and it happened again. I am ver scared. I have suffered of HBP for a while but this never ever happened before when I had my BP very high. Someone knows what is happening for sure?

Thanks to whoever put up a full and complete answer without any added drama.  This just started happening to me in the last month.  I do have hypertension, but it's very labile.  More importantly, I have sarcoidosis (which would qualify as an obstructive lung disease given that I have scarring [areas of green glass opacity] and enlarged lymph nodes in my lungs).  I haven't actually blacked out yet, but I think it's only because the feeling that you are going to is so scary that whatever you were laughing at isn't so funny any more. 

I think I'll call my cardiologist on Monday and see if he can adjust my meds.  It's either that or give up laughing.

Thank you writers, helpful info.  When I laugh hard, I start to black out so try to stop laughing.  Scares me as I feel I am going to pass out.  I also take medication for high blood pressure.

i'm a 40+ male I have been getting light headed when laughing for 6+ years. i have come close to passing out but never have. I also get the same feeling when i streach my upper torso. The best example of what it feels like would be having too much nitrous oxide. I'm sure its from a vasovagal responce. 

I have a pituitary tumor too. But mine is micro how are you feeling after getting tumor removed?

I have been getting very dizzy/light headed when laughing hard too. But I also get it just bending down. I have both sarcoidosis and thyroid problem.

I laugh so hard and I then I cough and then I feel lightheaded,  one time I did pass out.  I went to the hospital my oxygen levels were low, I had broncitis ,  my cough has been going on for 8 months, now their saying it was my allergies.  I'm still trying to figure it out.

ty for the answer withdrawal from alcohol could be my cause. i hope it goes away i like being sober!

This has happened to me twice this month. I have been smoking a half a pack of cigs a day for a couple months now and drinking a couple sodas a day which is so not like me. I usually smoke one or two cigs a day and only drink water. 

After experiencing the tunnel vision and spots and dizziness I decided to quit smoking and drinking caffeine. I will let you know if this solves my issue.

I feel the same way after I got my tumor remove I get so dizzy when I laugh hard and coughing that's scary and frustrating when something is real funny u just cant laugh'' cause it feel like something gonna pop in your brain its very scary to feel like that'' I told my doctor he say I'm gonna feel dizzy after my surgery.

twice in the past month or two i've gotten dizzy, nearly passing out during very hard laughing....... movies............
my ejection fraction is low and i have an icd, implanted after heart failure in 2010. EF was 10 to 15 then, close to 30 now.
FYI