Im trying to get my father to take me to the doctor. I am a 16 year old female. I have been suffering from dizzy spells for as long as I can remember. I have tried glasses, they only make it worse. I dring plenty of water and take vitamins. Im starting to get freaked out.
A few months ago I had a very bad spell when i walked over to the couch and stood on it to fix the blinds. All the sudden I felt really dizzy and from the outside in my vision faded to black until i couldnt see at all. My fater was yelling my name because I suppose i fell off the couch. I few seconds later i got my vision back and 'woke up' laughing. i dont know why i was laughing because it wasnt funny but i couldnt stop. from then on the smaller spells that would just cause me to lean on somehting or loose my balance started to happen more and more. I get them a few times a day but every now and then I will get a bad one that makes me fall over and laugh or black out, fall over and laugh. I know i need to see a doctor but my dad doesnt seem to take it seriously. i also will hear a popping sound kind of like popping your joints or pop rocks in the back of my lower skull. I hear a loud high pich beep from electronics all the time and its so lound I cant block it out unless I unplug whats making the noise. and I hear what sounds like my heart beating in one of my ears so loud that it hurts. I think that this is unrelated but on my spine, between my shoulder blades, i will get a pinch, and it will hurt to move my arms so I will either have to wait it out or jerk my arms so hard I umpop/pinch it. Also I get horrible cramps in my legs, I will wake up in the middle of the night with cramps or randomly get them threwout the day. None of this sounds normal to me.

You should see a doctor about fainting, especially if you are feeling faint so often. There are so many possible causes that it can't be diagnosed over the Internet, but it sounds vasovagal (which is the normal type of fainting) because you mentioned it happened when you stood up to fix the blinds... essentially your body didn't adjust fast enough to get enough blood to your head, so you passed out. Almost all causes of fainting are nothing to worry about. Just when it happens, get low, lay down if you have time. You don't want to hit your head on something.

I'm curious that you laugh when you come to. Never heard of that one.

The pain and heart beating in your ear sounds like an ear infection. See your doctor if the pain gets bad, or if it lasts for more than a few days.

Some people, myself included, can hear their heart beat in their ears almost all the time. When I was in 3rd grade, the 'hearing van' came to our school and we all went in and had our hearing tested. They asked me to raise my hand when I heard a sound. I could hear my heart beating so I would raise my hand. But I wasn't sure if I was supposed to raise my hand when I heard my heart beating, or only when they play those beeps. So sometimes I'd put my hand down. For the next 5 years, my doctors thought I had bad hearing, and it wasnt until much later when I could explain what was going on that the doctors laughed and understood. Check out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iCMQLvhdxk

The rest of the symptoms are nothing to worry about at all.

If you hear a high loud pitch from electronics, congratulations, you have excellent hearing. Most young people, especially girls, have excellent hearing. Most electronics are made by older people who can't hear how awfully annoying their product actually is. If you're really worried about it, I recommend playing drums in a band... that will cure your good hearing. ;-)

If you hear high pitched sounds in just one ear, and it starts and stops fairly suddenly, that's called tinnitus, or just "ringing in the ears" and is very common and usually nothing, but clustered with other things it can be helpful in diagnosis.

Cramps in your legs, especially at night, is also common, and can happen for a lot of reasons. Usually nothing to worry about. They can be very painful, I know. But it's a symptom that you should mention to the doctor. Especially if it happens often.

The pinch in your back is likely musculoskeletal. Get used to it. These kinds of oddities happen to everyone and you'll have more as you get older. I've had tens maybe hundreds of other "wierd back, chest, and stomach pains, pops, burning sensations, pressure, etc". Never develops into anything substantial. Some people get into the habit of popping their back, or seeing a chiropractor to relieve the feelings. You're better off learning how to "jerk your arms so hard you unpop/pinch it" by yourself, 'cause it's an immediate and free fix.

The popping sound at the base of your skull is just your bones and connective tissue sliding past one another, which can make a lot of wierd sounds and feelings almost as if you have sand in there or something. And it can change too (sometimes gritty, sometimes just a pop, sometimes nothing).

I totally have the same problem, right down to the laughing. I found this post while looking for information on dizziness and resulting laughter. I talked to my doctor about my dizzy spells, and mine are the result of a couple of issues. I have low blood pressure (not horribly low-- 102/58), as well as Renauld's syndrome and migraines (both having to do with constricted blood vessels). Essentially, blood has difficulty getting into my brain. It's such a simple problem, but it can't really be fixed for me. Should I go on medication to raise my blood pressure? My family history consists entirely of individuals with high blood pressure and heart disease, so medication isn't a feasible solution.

Let me know what your doctor tells you, once you've been there, because the laughter is what has been worrying me. There's absolutely nothing funny about it, and I still can't control the laughter. If your dad won't take you to the doctor, you're old enough to take yourself, and you should. My bf spent some time in the hospital, and his roommate had broken his jaw in three places after he hit his face on a table on his way down after passing out.

By the way, I'm a 20 year old female.

I also have low blood pressure it actually runs in my family both me and my mom have it and no body ever says anything to me but that it is low so I never thought anything about it. I am also very tired and when I stand up I get dizzy all the time like atleast a few times a day but I am not a lazy person so that is weird for me. If I don't keep myself busy I feel very tired like I need to go to sleep maybe I should find out if my low blood pressure is effecting me I am 23 years old thanks for putting this out there you guys =-)

this instance sounds like a case of seizures. I'm sure you probably figured it out by now, but your symtoms mirror those of an epileptic.

Well i have a way differnt ssymptom i just get dizzy about 12:00 or 1:00 in the evenning im thinking about goin to the doctor today and i eat sweet stuff it helps i have diabetes and hypoglocemia in my family and i wonder if i will be diagnoised next? should i go to the doctor?

My husband gets dizzy everyday numerous times a day.. About 5 years ago he sarted to get dizzy every once and a while he went to the doctors and they did some testiing and they said they think it might be meneirs disease. but they didnt know alot about the disease.. but it only happend every once and a while then.. well latley the past couple months he has been getting dizzy every single day.. and it is really starting to worry me. he has made an apt to go back to the doctor but they couldnt get him in til may.. Im just trying to get some research on the disease and see if maybe its something else thats doing this to him. when he gets dizzy he has to lay down keep his head still and usually go to sleep for it to stop.. sometimes it gets so bad that he starts throwing up and cant see and his ear is usually ringing when this happens....

It sounds like you suffer from vertigo. You could have an inner ear problem.

sounds like TMJ, my daughter is being treated for this. find a specialist and see if they will give you a free evaluation.

I know what your going through, I've suffered with vertigo all my life too and now I'm 22...I use to have them everyday when I was a kid, then they gradually got better but now I'm also having them everyday too and more than once...I'm also sick when I have one, it awful I know....