Good day guys.

I have problems with anxiety like a lot of people in here. But when I have anxiety or depression I just love to be alone with myself, in my room and I just look in one point. I don't know, but I think that a lot of people are similar to me.

But my friend has problems with anxiety as well and she told me that at one moment she is crying and next moment she is laughing uncontrollable for no reason.

How this is possible?

What is going on in this case? How can anxiety make you cry or laugh? 

Hi 62. It is hard to tell, but every person in this world is dealing with anxiety in totally different way. I don't know people who are laughing, I need to be honest, but I do know a people who are crying a lot. And I don't know can we call it "for no reason". I think that being in anxiety or being depressed is reason that is good enough. Generally, feeling emotional is natural. All of your emotions can play a huge role in your behavior. But when you start to feel like you need to cry for what feels like no reason, it may be a sign that you're suffering from anxiety.

There is a reason behind everything, guys. It's just that, when you are anxious or depressed, this is all pretty much clouded and you can't really think properly.

It is possible, it happens to a lot of people. Well, laughing uncontrollable for no reason is rare, but I have a theory on this one. Some people, when they want to cry real, real bad, instead of crying, they just laugh uncontrollably. I think that this might be the case with your friend as well. When it comes to crying without a visible reason, it is just one of the things that comes along with anxiety.

Like Gaia already told you, there is a reason for everything and there is a reason why someone is behaving the way he or she does. It is hard to tell, but just think about ordinary people. They cry when they are sad or when they are happy, they are laughing uncontrollable when they are trying to hide something. So, when you think about this a little bit it is nothing that weird.

It is all about your perspective, it is all about how you see and accept certain things in your life. That is why people are doing things like laughing, crying...

It just can, I don't know if I would be able to explain exactly how it can, but it just can. Anxiety is an awful thing, it makes you feel scared and terrified and makes you think in a way in which a normal person wouldn't think. It is quite normal that anxiety makes you want to cry, it is also normal that it makes you want to laugh, in this particular case, laugh comes as a replacement for crying. If you don't want to cry but you really feel like it, sometimes you just go laughing uncontrollably instead, it is not so uncommon.

I am actually familiar with this, it happens to me sometimes even though I am not suffering from anxiety (I'm talking about laughing uncontrollably for no reason).

It is exactly because of the reason that people above me mentioned, I feel like crying, but it is like I don't want to cry, so I laugh uncontrollably instead. However, it is easy to see that this laugh is not a real laugh, at least that's what my brother says since he saw me laughing like this for a couple of times. So I think that this answers your question why people suffering from anxiety laugh uncontrollably.

You know those kind of situations when you just don't know whether do you want to cry or you want to laugh? I think this is what happens to people suffering from anxiety as well. They are overly sensitive, they are more sensitive than people who aren't suffering from anxiety so they are more prone to having these emotional problems. I wouldn't be surprised by any kind of reaction to anything coming from a person suffering from anxiety, do you understand what I mean? 

Anyway, regarding their other weird reaction, laughing uncontrollably without any apparent reason shouldn't really be considered a weird thing.

Every person at this world has totally different views on the life and it has totally different behavior changes than any other person. Especially if you are dealing with anxiety. For example, I have problem with it and it happens to me all the time.

Sometimes I am laughing so hard that I can't control myself and very often I am crying for no reason. I guess that this is one of the ways that my body wants to fight with certain problems that I am dealing with. I can't tell for sure, but I do know that since this day I haven't found a cure to fight against it.

Hey there. I am still convinced that it is very good to cry if you are feeling anxious. I am doing this all the time and I don't think that this is something bad. People are dealing with anxiety in different ways, for example- If symptoms of anxiety – such as feeling tense and restless, breathing rapidly and getting light headed, or having persistent negative thoughts – aren’t addressed and become severe, they can have a serious impact on day-to-day life. And that is very annoying. On the other hand, some people can have problems with sleeping, lowered immune system and depression can all develop as a knock-on effect and can get to the point that it becomes difficult to hold down a job, maintain relationships or take pleasure in life. That is all normal, but it should be controlled. As you could read, everyone is dealing with anxiety in different way.