My father worked in painting industry for more than 3 decades. Some time ago he started to feel pain in his chest and he started coughing. When he visited his doctor he made him some analysis and told him that he is suffering from pulmonary fibrosis. I would like to know something more about this.

Well, my uncle also suffered from pulmonary fibrosis. He worked in much polluted surrounding too, and it caused fibrosis to his lungs. He was complaining about lack of breading air and dry coughing. He also loses his weight and his appetite. He became very weak too. There is not specific medication for this. Most helpful thing would be changing of working place and finding new one in healthy environment. Also doctors prescribe steroids which would reduce inflammation but there is not specific medication.

My father also worked in the painting industry for more than 3 decades and he died from pulmonary fibrosis at 65. There must be a link here.