Hi, I have heard about a mysterious condition called sarcoidosis. I know that it attacks the lungs without us even realizing that we are ill. I was wondering if sarcoidosis can be seen in other parts of the body as well. Is there a sarcoidosis of the liver? I feel that my stomach is swollen and I think that there is something wrong with my liver. If liver sarcoidosis exists could you please tell me what the signs of this condition are?

Hi, sarcoidosis is in deed a mysterious condition because no one knows what causes it. It is true that sarcoidosis mostly affects the lungs, but other organs are not protected from it. Liver can be attacked as well as the skin, eyes or bones. Most of these conditions come and go without us realizing that there was something wrong with us. But sometimes the symptoms can not be ignored because the consequences can be disastrous. Sarcoidosis of the liver causes the formation of the granulomas that damage the liver tissue and cause cirrhosis. To determine the existence of liver sarcoidosis a biopsy of liver tissue needs to be done. However, sarcoidosis of the liver is usually connected with the pulmonary sarcoidosis and is in most of the cases asymptomatic. If the damage to the liver tissue is extensive the doctor would prescribe corticosteroid treatment. In the rest of the cases the condition is just monitored to ensure that there is no change for the worse. There is no way to tell if you have liver sarcoidosis based on your symptoms. I think that you should talk to your doctor about your concern.

Yes u can get sarcoid in the liver. Because I have it. You would have to go to the doctor so they can take your blood. The signs that u have might have it is blurred vision, weight loss, headaches, pain in upper right side, dry skin, if you have sarcoid in your liver it might be enlarge. U really need to go find out because if you don't it could start messing with your other organs that if you have sacroidosis