Can a redhead get tan in a tanning bed?? I heard they couldnt.

yeah they can.

I am a natural redhead. I have fair-skin [if I'm not tanning] & green eyes, and very few freckles. I'm not the "ginger" type, being that I don't have many freckles and I have really dark red hair, in opposition to the firey redheads. And with all that said, I can tan. I can't achieve a really dark tan like olive-skinned people, but I can tan enough just to get a nice light brown & escape the pasty paleness. I think my tan looks amazing with my hair & I'm not boasting, but I think I'm a very nice looking person :-)

hey, i'm brittany and i'm a redhead. i get tan in a tanning bed and in the real sun but i also burn too. usually when i get tan i have a million freckles all over my body and face. during the winter i start tanning in a tanning bed so when the summer comes around i won't burn as bad. when i burn i peel but if i stay outside for awhile without burning i tan. the timing is super complicated but it works haha. i think when redheads have freckles they should flaunt it... freckles look great on redheads (:

id had to say, im male 25 have freckles on hands and shoulders and im redhead, summertime i get quite good tan to be satisfied actually, i rly dont like my pale skin at wintertime and start of summer. Now is end of november and im visiting maximum once a week tanning place, this is my first try like this.... never used to go this place ...

summertime when i didnt go to the tanning places, my skin got red/browny burn very fast id say when daylight on skin it looks quite good, but when i go to cover from sun lets say its couldy day my skin doesnt look tanned at all, like my skin feels that its not that hot outside and from reflection it turns quite quickly back to pale...... and i have gotten every summer end a good tan on me but it takes quite an effort to accomplish that, but now, i have been going to tanning place 5 weeks, every week one time and im seeing big difference, my back is quite brown and my face also ... but my hands where freckles takes more time ... anyway i feel better of myself now walking those cloudy days with little tan on me. .... always taking not more than 8 minutes, usually light lamps 6 minutes ... those weaker not new and strong ...

I'm redheaded. Yes you can tan. I have red hair, brown eyes and for most of my life, pasty skin. I go to the tanning bed now and I'm a beautiful golden brown. I taught my friend who also has red hair how to tan. The secret is oil. knowing how long to tan and what to do before and after is important. I get dark, but I don't tan my face-self tan blends in well with my tan.

i went to myrtle beach and saw a red head with a very nice tan. also i should be a redhead!!! lol i have very fair skin, lots of freckles and brown hair... and its hard for me to tan but if i try everyday i can do it.

Like Olive oil?

Iam a red head with freckles and lots of them. i have them on my arms shoulders the top of my legs but none on my tummy or lower back. when i go out into the sun i bake. and when i lay in the tanning bed i tune red as all get out been going for a few days now will it ever turn inroads a tan???

I'm a redhead as well with blue eyes my hair is a darker red, I have light freckles on arms chest and knees and some on legs and I can tan really well if I put effort into it. I try to tan some in early spring in bed to get some base to my skin..after I get a base tan which always starts at a light pink and then turns to a nice light brown color and then I'll try to lay out in sun as much as I have time for and only use an 8 or 15 SPF oil to get me as dark as I can or put on tube top and short shorts yo mow the grass which takes around 1&1/2 hrs.Everybody looks better with a tan in my opinion...So Yes it is possible to get tan if you're a redhead! :)

Maybe you shouldn't believe everything you hear.

I'm a redhead and no I can't tan. There are different typesof redheads. I have zero Indian. Am straight irish and I can not tan.

I,m a redhead with brownish hair blue eyes and everyone else in my family have dark hair with brown eyes dark skin i can tan but don't like freakles so i stay out of the sun and tanning beds so my body produces less eumalanin witch helps freakles to faid away.its my lifes work to help my brother and sister gingers.

Hello I'm a redhead and I have never tanned just burnt! What oil do you use? And how do you get a nice tan from the sunbeds? Iv tried the sunbeds and it's never worked for me.

Hello :) i'm a redhead, however my hair is very dark red and my freckles only appear when ive been in the sun. It all depends on different peoples preferences but as we all know; redheads/fair skinned people are at a higher risk of sunburn,wrinkles and skin cancer. So i wouldnt suggest to anyone with fair skin to use sunbeds or tanning oil just EMBRACE your beautiful soft fair skin! Having said that i know full well being sat on the beach with paper white skin can dent your self asteem abit! But ive found as long as you protect yourself with a decent SPF the sun will naturally give you a healthy glow! :)