Hi. I am 27 years old. I am 2 months pregnant. I have noticed some vaginal bleeding yesterday. So, I have a few questions for girls only. What are the symptoms of miscarriage? What kind of a treatment is needed in such case? What is the cause of miscarriage?

Hi. I had a miscarriage last month. The symptoms of miscarriage include vaginal bleeding and abdominal pain. Pregnant women should contact their health care providers even if the bleeding is light. Treatment is often not needed. Sometimes, D&C is recommended if bleeding is heavy, or if a woman has an infection. The cause of miscarriage is not really understood. Miscarriages mostly occur when a pregnancy isn`t developing normally. Chromosomal abnormality in the fetus can be the cause of a miscarriage. Also, women older than 35 years of age are at higher risk of miscarriage. Hormonal problems, infections and certain health problems, such as diabetes, lupus or thyroid disease, can lead to miscarriage.