Hello! I am about five weeks pregnant and saw my doctor today. I have had two miscarriages in the past so my doctor prescribed 100 mg of Prometrium once a day. I am a wee bit nervous however, as most of the information I am finding says DO NOT take Prometrium while pregnant. Has anyone else been on this drug? If so, please tell me how it worked out for you. I would love to know if there were any long term negative effects and if there were any adverse effects on your child. Thanks so much!

I am 7 weeks pregnant and started to bleed. I've had one miscarriage in the past and bled throughout my second pregnancy (which turned out fine). Now my doctor has prescribed 200mg of prometium 3 times daily and I'm concered too. Did you ever find anything out?

i have been on prometrium since 5wks pregnant. Ive had two previous m/c at about 8 wks. Im now 12 wks and my doctor plans for me to stop taking prometrium at 14wks. nervous about this bc im worried ill m/c when i stop. did your md tell you how long you should take this drug.

Hi, I also had two previous m/c around 8 wks. my md put me on prometirum at 5wks. im now 12 wks. he says im to stop taking the med at 14wks. very nervous about what will happen when i stop. did your md tell you how long to take this med for. I think its been helpful bc this is the farthest ive gotten but everyday still still is a nerve wracking.

I am currently 12 wks along and on Prometrium for the 2nd time. My daughter is 4 and healthy, she has no side effects from the medication. In situations like ours I think we have to put trust in our doctors although it is very difficult sometimes. I believe if my doctor had not put me on the Prometruim my daughter would not be here today. Hope this helps!

Dalexander,
Don't worry. By that point your placenta should have taken over the nourishment of the baby.

i have a ?? i am on prometrium once a day 400 mg im about 5 weeks i started spotting yesterday and my dr wanted me in for blood work to check my levels does anyone know if the prometrium can make you spot
like that i also have no cramps

I also am about 6 wks. pregnant and am on prometrium. my dr. told me its just a boost of horomones, to help protect you from having a miscarriage. so, i really dont know.

I am 8-1/2 weeks pregnant , and I have one son. I have also had 4 miscarriages. When I was 5 weeks pregnant , I landed in the hospital, due to a "pregnancy" cyst (which was described to me as what feeds the baby until the placenta takes over) rupturing. The obgyn put me on prometruim (200mg) twice a day. She said that it is just to help me along until the placenta takes over. She said that it is usually prescibed to woman who have had a history of miscarriage, it is a hormone therapy. This is not guaranteed to prevent miscarriage, however increases your odds drastically of having a normal, healthy pregnancy. Hope this helps everyone.

I am 6 weeks pregnant and my doctor put me on prometrium- it is a capsule you take a night. I had cramping the first day after and now have only had 1-2 today. was that normal for everyone or how did it affect you?

I was prescribed this drug 3 years at 9 weeks I had a miscarriage from taking this.I was devastated especially being older and trying so hard to get pregnant, do not take this drug.

am 5 weeks and 5 days and also on the drug prometrium 100mg started taking it 5 days ago. am new to this drug so if anyone has more to say about it please post. my frist dr. appointment is tommrow and really scared I hope we can see baby or heartbeat I had a miscarry 4 months ago and hopeing that I will not have to go thou that agian. oh yeah when u girls got your meds. does is say on the bottle do not use med. if preg.? kinda scared about this med. but have alot of faith in this stuff from what am reading on the internet :D

Hi I also was prescribed prometrium and had wonderfurl results my baby is now 20 months and we are expecting another one in afew months it worked for me after having a misscarage it is worth a try and there were no adverse side effects so good luck.

Hello there... I have had 5 miscarriages and I WAS prescribed 200 mg of Prometrium twice a day I started about 5 weeks like you and I am now 14 wks pregnant. I know what the label says and yes it was very scary for me as well but, I was willing to take a chance. I also have a friend that lost her child twice and started on the prometrium and her son is now 10 months old with no problems. So don't worry I really hope everything works out for you!

Hey everyone, just curious if anyone has any updates? I am 6 weeks along, the Dr. put me on Prometrium because of low progesterone levels...They didn't even tell me there were such serious risks. I only knew when the bottle said "do not take this if you are pregnant or could become pregnant."