I know I miscarried two weeks ago but I am still very troubled. During the first week, I had two hcg tests and each test showed a slight increase in hcg. I had heavy spotting and cramps the first day and heavy spotting for a week. 6 days after the diagnosed miscarriage, I passed a few walnut sized clots that did not appear to be tissue. I called my ob/gyn, I was told that this was normal and bleeding should soon subside. It is now a week and a few days later and I am still bleeding. I took a home pregnancy test today to see if it would register as positive and it did. I am going to the ob/gyn tomorrow for yet another hcg test. I fear that the levels will be increased and I will have to have a d&c which terrifies me. Do my symptoms seem normal for a miscarriage? Is there some medication out there that can help me release tissue (if needed) without having a d&c?

A D&C is very normal procedure..AND you will be put to sleep for it. MANY women have these!!! It is the best and most successful way to get all of the tissues out, and you would not want an infection from retained tissues because it can cause feritlity problems.(If the infection gets bad enough)
MOST women who miscarry OPT for a D&C

your hormone levels will not rise if there was fetal demise. They will only rise if the the fetus is living. A d&c is used when the body will have trouble cleaning it's self out.

Your hormone levels can still rise after fetal demise.

Carifairy wrote:

MOST women who miscarry OPT for a D&C

I had a D&C and was NOT put to sleep for it. Although, I would recommend it for someone who needed one.

i had a d&c back in june and was put to sleep for it and only needed any kind of pain meds in post op. i went hope and took a nap and only spotted for 3 days after. everyone is different, but i'm a wussy when it comes to pain and i was all good.

I had a regular miscarriage (no d/C) and got pregnant again the next month right away......Then 2 years later had a miscarriage in the 10th week.....and had a d/c....and it took me 17 months to get pregnant again.....This past Jan. got pregnant and baby didnt grow past 5 weeks....so was given the option to have a d/c and I chose the miscarriage naturally....I bled for one week...had 1 day of heavy cramping....and passed the mass(the size of an egg) 4 days later......doing it the natural way was the best choice for me....sometimes I think doctors tell you what makes them the most money....they said i could bleed for 6 weeks...didn't....they said i might not pass all the matter.....did....and ovulated two weeks later.....still waiting for my cycle....keeping my fingers crossed.....might be pregnant.......Feeling healthy and wonderful....hopes this helps someone..

I had a miscarriage a little over 7 days ago and the dr keep trying to talk me into a d/c but we decide to wait and see if nature takes it course.

I had a miscarriage in March, bled for two weeks and passed everything naturally. If I had the option again I would choose the same path. My HgC levels never got higher, only lower. After having my miscarriage I went to get on Depo almost as soon as I stopped bleeding, and had a negative pregnancy test result at the doctors office.

I had a miscarriage last week at 5 1/2 weeks. My doctor said everything should be fine and that it was natural and I didn't need a d/c. Just wondering how nomal the miscarriage was...I passed about 5 large clots (2inx5in a piece) throughout the night and have been bleeding for a week afterwards here. I took a pregnancy test today just to see what it would say and it said I was still pregnant. I"m assuming my levels are still high but I'm concerned about the significant size of the tissue I passed...is that normal??

I had a D and C 7 weeks ago and I still have not gotten my period. I have felt like my period was coming for the past 3 weeks and nothing. Just for the heck of it I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it came back positive. Could it be positive because there is still some stuff left over from my D and C?

Same here. Except the doctors here at the clinic where I live do try to give you time for it to happen...the doctor I saw the other day said 60% of miscarriages will pass naturally if left to. I went for a week after finding out our baby had stopped growing 2 weeks earlier, and I just knew I would have to have the D&C. I was scheduled on Friday morning to go to the clinic at 9 to meet with the doctor, then he would send me on to the hospital (I chose to go ahead with the D&C since I didn't think it would pass since nothing had happened all week) but woke up that Friday morning at 6 with severe cramps and passing huge clots...by the time I went to see my dr. at 9 everything passed there at the clinic and then I had an ultrasound that showed all was clear. Alot of times D&C is just to make the mother feel better emotionally, if she doesn't feel she can continue on waiting for it to pass. I certainly was ready to get something done after waiting a week, but I prayed it would just happen on its own if it could, even if it had to be at the last minute-and it was. God was taking care of me! Miscarriage is the most disappointing thing and women who have never had to go through it have no idea the heartache involved, and how we appreciate so much more when we are able to get pregnant and have babies after having gone through that! I love our son so much-he's 2, and I had a miscarriage before him when I was 6 wks along and passed it all in the same day I started spotting, then was pregnant with him 4 months later and had a healthy pregnancy and delivery, we started trying when he was 13 months old and it took us 18 months to get pregnant again and then miscarried at 10 weeks (baby measuring 7wks)

This morning i Woke up around 5 am, with horrible abdomen pains, and severe Cramping, I couldn't sit, lay or breathe without feeling uncomfortable, I went to the bath room, and realized i was bleeding significantly, And passed large blood clots,
the cramps lasted for about 3 hours, if you keep your feet up (against a wall with you butt elevated and your upper half flat on the floor it helps so much with the pain) Anyways, i bled all day, each time i would go to the bathroom, I would pass at least One or Two large egg like blood clots.
i was told this was normal.
But I'm going to wait it out for a couple days, then see the doctor to find out if everything is ok,
and if this is a "normal miscarriage"
I hope everything works out for the best.

I have heard so many horrible things about D&Cs and i pray that i wont have to get one, Because its harder to conceive after.

My prayers are with all of you.
Miscarriages are a horrible experience, i hope i don't have to go through it A second time :-(

Hi my name is Tammy, I had a MC June 22-25th this year. I posted here a couple of months ago asking about the Mirena. I wanted to know could I get pregnant right away. I learned that I could.(I was about 5wks and 6days) I am writing because I want to know if I should wait to TTC again or do what my mind heart and body is telln me?(do it now..go ahead im fertile..you'll be prego in no time) I want to try right away when will I ovulate should I try or wait like the white coats tell you to??? Some one give me advice

Im 23 I have a beautiful 3yr old She needs a sibling!!!!!

i mc june 30 of this year i bleed for 22 days i stopped bleeding july 21 i took a hpt 24 of july and it was + my dr said that my levels should be at 0 by now but they are still 65 as of june 22 yes my husband and i did make love on july 11 and so on he didnt want to but my hormos was wild so i couldnt wait at all.could i be prego again or what im gonig to the dr next week for hcg test im feeling preg but not for sure!