Hi. I had a miscarriage two weeks ago and I`m still very depressed. It was really a frightening experience. My pregnancy seemed normal, and then, all sudden, I started to bleed. I was feeling an abdominal pain and now I`ve lost my baby. What could be the cause of my miscarriage? Please help!

Hi. No wonder that you are still depressed and traumatized. I had a miscarriage a year ago and I`m still not comfortable with that. It is a sad experience and what you feel is all normal. The causes of miscarriage are not completely understood. There is nothing you can do to prevent it. One of the causes is a chromosomal abnormality in the fetus. Other factors are hormonal problems, infections, your own health problems, such as diabetis or lupus. Also, your lifestyle is very important. Alcohol, cigarettes and drugs increase the risk of a miscarriage.