I am signed for an ultrasound to check my testicles. I have been suffering from sudden sharp pains and swelling of the scrotums. I would like to know if radiation could harm my testicle and also what conditions could there be found with an ultrasound. Thank you in advance

First of all, there is no ionizing radiation (x-ray) is involved in ultrasound imaging. An ultrasound of the testis can determine some of the testicular problems like inflammation of the scrotum, an absent or undescended testicle, testicular torsion, abnormal blood vessels or a lump or tumor. The most common condition that causes pain is epididymitis. I treated it with antibiotics. It is curable, and it should be treated because otherwise can lead to abscess or loss of blood to the testicles.

You'll be fine when you have your ultrasound. The tech should go over everything that they plan on doing as well as show you, sometimes they have small tv's that show you what they are looking at.

If you do have TC then radiation may be a treatment option for you and in that case it is likely you will be told to bank some sperm for the future...if you have to have chemo then you will for sure be told to bank some sperm.

I wish you the best of luck and please let us know what it tells you :-)