Hello. I am a mother to a one year old baby and we have a problem, can’t say if it is big or small. My son has one undescended testicle and I am starting ti worry. It is his left testicle. I heard that if the testicles don’t descened until the age of 1, they won’t descend at all. Is this true? Is there a way to fix this problem? What complications can this cause? Thank you for the info

Yes, you heard well. If the testicles haven’t descended by now, they probably won’t. This problem is quite common actually. But all kids with undescended testes need surgery. By the age of three, he may experience permanent damage to the testis. There are many men who lived with one descended testicle. For sperm production one testicle is enough, but this may cause some problems with having children and the chances of developing testicle cancer are bigger.