i am 27, single, sexuall active. 10 years ago i had a veracucalle oporation on my left testis. 2 years ago had the mumps. the left testis have always been a bit big. i had suddenlly discoverd that my right testis have deacresed in size gratlly. i had an ultrasound taken and sperm count which is normal but a bit low. the doctor said it's probably an atropy and there is nothing to do about it. i am reallly concernd.
why is it shrinkin? is there a way to stop it?
will my left testis shrink as well?
do you have any sugestions?
thankx

I'm facing the same problem with testicle shrinkage. Dr.s don't have any treatment for it, except to freeze and bank some sperm for future use to have kids. Since its your right testicle and the surgery was in the left, its probably damage from the mumps that injured the right testicle. Did your testicles swell up during the mumps? The left testicle, over time, should grow bigger and be able to work harder to replace the hormones and sperm production lost in your right testicle shrinking. The right is shrinking due to some kind of injury or damage. The left should not shrink but should grow bigger to get larger to help replace the right nut's shrinking. It is possible to injure and get atrophy in both testis, but that is not showing in your case yet. But damage in one testicle can sometimes cause both balls to very slowly shrink, die off, and stop working. This would leave you sterile (no sperm) and needing replacement artificial testosterone for the rest of your life. So, I'd freeze and bank some of your sperm ASAP to save that for having future kids and talk to your Dr. about inserting a fake testicle inside your scrotum to replace the right one if it shrinks down too far and you want that half of your scrotum to look fuller and match your left half and left testicle in appearance. The fakes don't function at all, they just look like a testicle inside your scrotum. A lot of us men and boys will lose one or two testicles in life and still have great sex and make our own kids with one ball left or banked sperm and artificial male hormones.. Good luck.