I had a total hip replacement, left side, 12 months ago. The hip is pain free and working well but I have had severe pain in the left testicle since the surgery. The neurosurgeon put me on antibiotics, assuming I had an infection from the catheter, and referred me to a urologist. The urologist felt that it was epiditimitis, and tried 3 more antibiotics, nothing helped. So, he suggested removing the testicle, which I had done but the same pain continues. The pathology report showed no infection in the testicle. I have had numerous scans and lab work done. The MRI of my back did not reveal any area where a nerve might be pinched, and I have no back pain. The pain specialist that I am seeing has tried several different kinds of injections but nothing has helped. I have been on ever increasing types and dosages of pain medication. I currently am on fentynyl patches and percocet which doesn't control the pain. I would really appreciate hearing from anyone who experienced this type of pain following a hip replacement and what was done to resolve it. Currently my choices are implanting a neurostimulator in my spine and or exploratory surgery. I am sixty nine and in otherwise, good health.

I have had a similar experience. Nerve blocks, physical therapy,laminotomy, hernia surgery, etc. NO relief. The only thing that helps is Lyrica, but I would prefer finding the cause and address that rather than taking drugs. Have you had any success?

infection of the hip prosthesis can lead to testicular pain and even atrophy !

HELP!! I just had core decompression done to my left hip in the hopes that I don't need a whole new hip, but now I have really bad pain in my left testicle too. Please, somebody tell me what I can do about this. My doctor put me on prednisone steroids, but they've run their course and did nothing for me except put me in a really bad mood on top of the pain. I'm not going to have it removed, that's for sure, there was nothing wrong with it to begin with.

I also have had hip replacement surgery on both hips and have had problems with pain in my hips and testicles. My left testicle hurts continuously. If I walk both the hip and left testicle hurt badly. Talked to several dr's and they say it is all related to the hip surgery and the implant that was used.

So has no one found an answer yet? I had a major femoral graph (let's just call it knee surgery) in addition to severe knee and leg pain, my left festival now hurts. Reading these posts tells me I'm not alone, but what can we do about post operative pain in the testicle? :(

I had left testiclepain before i had my hip resurfaced and it took 2 month postop to go away. 3 weeks ago had the right hip resurfaced because of the same complaint and now my right testicle hurts even more. the only pain medicine that aleviates my pain i is 100mg of Nuycanta.

good luck

jeff r

I am currently having this exact same issue as you describe. Plan on seeing Dr soon. 12 weeks post left hip replacement. Ice helps and keeps pain at bay. Numbness down both thighs 1 inch wide area to knee, then knee to foot outside calf to toe area.

I am three weeks out of right hip replacement.  The hip pain is almost gone, but my right testicle and groin area feels like ive been stung by a bee!!

Jim n

I had ACL surgery on my right knee 6 days ago... i felt pain in my right testicle the 3rd night and then felt like it went away... all of a sudden... today I have felt the discomfort all day and night. almost like an ache. It feels like the type of ache that goes down to the inside of my thigh when i rub on it. I really think it was from the nerve block which was injected close to my groin area where it numbs all the way down to my inner thigh, and then to my knee. Someone let me know if you've felt the same pain.

I had knee surgery a week ago and have had the same problem 3 days now. Going to see the doctor Thursday. Feel like someone flicked my right testicle. I also had the nerve block in both the front and rear...

I had Femoral graft ACL and meniscus procedure done in my right knee. About less than a week in I noticed my testicles were very sensitive . Mostly the right one . I feel a little better seeing I am not alone . For a minute I thought it was an infection and really hesitated going to hospital . I'm hoping it goes away soon , my follow appointment isn't for another couple of days .

I have had severe swelling of my left testicle sperm cord since my hip replacements and my right testicle hurts when I do much walking. After having revision surgery on my left hip my testicle has stopped hurting and the swelling is down considerably. I believe the implant was the cause of the pain and swelling.

Yes left testicle before left total hip replacement..two days ago. Left side ,leg, testicle, the whole groin area. Hurts like hell

I am 61 and had hip replacement surgery 6 months ago after an injury 2 months before that. I take tylenol codeine which helps temporarily. I saw my hip specialist surgeon the other day and he only said if the pain persists I might want to consult a general surgeon.

I am learning there is no answer and only hope it gets better with time

I have read several snippets that groin pain sometimes accompanies this surgery and accept there may be nothing to cure the symptoms, but only to ameliorate them.