Hello, I am Nick, 26 years old, love to run, not typical runner size...5ft 11in about 215 pounds...Well here is a little background on me...I was in the Air Force for 6 years, pounded a bunch of pavement in those days, I run pretty regularly (until the last 8 months....) When i run it seems that the outside of my calf muscles down towards my ankles get really really sore during the run, and they cramp and even spasm some times...this usually results in really bad pain on the outside of my feet. I did a forum search for outside foot pain and saw a really good explanation about that particulair ailment. My question is are these two things related?? I think it may be me just over doing it for the first few times, about 3 weeks ago i ran 4.5 miles one afternoon then two days later after the cramps and such my outside of the foot started killing me!! now it feels good again and i want to run some more....how long should i wait...I have good shoes..(new balance 1315) So anyone have some info??? Thanks in advance!!

How about trying a podiatrist? They will see how your feet strike the ground and what they do once all your weight is on it. Perhaps you are rolling your feet... I don't have the same problem but I battled with ITB for the longest time until I saw one of these guys and they fixed me up quick quick!

go to the podiatrist, they will be able to tell you exactly what's wrong, or you know what sometimes these things happen due to the lack potassium, eat something like bananas, that might help.

maybe running is not the best sport .. sorry for that

but it is true that running is the hardest for feet... therefore,....

perhaps you should try swimming ... ever thought about that?

I had serious problem with my calf few years ago. I can only say that you should see speacialist ASAP, in this case podiatrist as both ReluctantRunner and runningreat suggested.